PDA

View Full Version : Aptitude Test

JuniorPilot
1st Oct 2001, 11:42
Dear fellow people,

I would like to know what sort of aptitude test are given from major Asian airlines ( SIA, MAS, etc) .

Is there any website which i could access into ?
Please kindly help me.

Thank you .

JuniorPilot
5th Oct 2001, 06:25
Hi there,

I am sure there must be someone out here, knows about this...

hummm.....

Sunny
8th Oct 2001, 20:35
What? You going to study for the aptitude test? :D

[ 08 October 2001: Message edited by: Sunny ]

Volmet
9th Oct 2001, 04:46
You either have it or you don't........ :eek:

JuniorPilot
9th Oct 2001, 05:02
hehehe...
I know it sounds silly ..but just wanting to know.....

U know........

MR. Login
12th Oct 2001, 05:20
What? You either have it or you don't?? You study for aptitude test?? Wow..

If one were to give an aptitude test to a person from the remotest, deepest part of the Congo, who's never heard of English or Maths or the artificial horizon or mechanics, would that sort of person HAVE IT?

I studied for mine and it got me through. Basically junior, the aptitude test challenges your english verbal and written comprehension, maths skills, simple mechanics-pulley logic (as one would in Physics, Add Maths or Applied maths), the understanding of the artificial horizon and a few more things I can't remember.

You can polish your skills and ensure a greater chance of success thru:
MS-Flt sim, Precision B747-400 sim, Various IQ test softwares available. Go to the bookshop or the library and shop around.

Goodluck!
P/S: I dont think that your question the least bit silly. Maybe you think small of yourself now because you were letting others put you down. There will be more of those in the cockpit, asking you the questions like.."where is the L9 static wick is?" showing off what little they know. It's called the S.D.S.= small dick syndrome.

New York Pilot
12th Oct 2001, 06:19
I took the SIA aptitude test in May 2000. With so many difficult tests I took before graduating Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, I only expected the worst and was apprehensive.

However, the 3-4 hour 20 or so segment test was damn easy provided all one had to do was focus and answer the questions. Anybody over age 16 that is focused can pass it, that is once again anybody focused. Nothing to worry about.

The nightmare is the tea party interview, not the aptitude test. Good luck.

JuniorPilot
12th Oct 2001, 06:53
Hi there MR Login and NY pilot,
Thank you for your advices...
Any e-mails that i can contact both of u ?

Keep in Touch ...