PDA

View Full Version : Another lucky Ag escape

haughtney1
25th Apr 2008, 09:43
As it says, the guy seems to have got off lightly all things considered (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10506202)

Any ideas on the aircraft type?

Konev
25th Apr 2008, 10:26
ill take a potshot it being cresco or fletcher.

Capt Wally
25th Apr 2008, 11:30
.........lucky boy, tatts ticket next for him I think!

I spoke to one Ag pilot one cold morning after changing one of his wheels in the ugly Transavia many years ago (early 80's) in YSTW just before he headed off to do a drop, he never returned. Shook me up for quite a while that did.
Not sure why anybody woukld want to fly Ag planes but each to their own I guess.

CW

Corkey McFuz
25th Apr 2008, 21:23
Dirty old feltcher I'd say, hope he makes a full recovery. Is infact a regular here on pprune...

plucka
25th Apr 2008, 21:38
http://www.airdisaster.com/latest-hba.jpg

Not sure why anyone would want to fly airliners.....each to their own I suppose.

aileron_69
25th Apr 2008, 23:42
Only aircraft operating up round Takaka area is a Fletcher so that would be my guess.
Plucka, my thoughts exactly. We like to fly ag aircraft because we like flying, as opposed to letting a computer do it for us. Theres nothing like flying an aircraft to its full potential!!

Capt Wally
26th Apr 2008, 00:11
Theres nothing like flying an aircraft to its full potential!! Today 07:38

............yep spot on........to it's full potential & BEYOND !:bored:

Guys we all have choices here, flying itself is a risk, just that those higher risks such as low lvl ops are optional to most!

Personal opinions only as usual:)

CW

ZK-Awesome
26th Apr 2008, 06:08
The Nelson Mail have reported it's a Fletcher. It's on the front page.

Capitaine72
26th Apr 2008, 09:00
Rowleys used to have a Fletcher sitting on the ground at NSN.
Not anymore I suppose!!! :uhoh::\

aileron_69
26th Apr 2008, 10:51
It'll give him the ideal opportunity to upgrade to a mighty 08-600 Cresco now!! Little bit more capable in trying conditions

doubleu-anker
26th Apr 2008, 14:30
A lot of very good and very experienced pilots have been killed in Fletchers over the decades.

There but for the grace of God, go he.

JW.SOC
26th Apr 2008, 22:53
That is what it is all about! It does not mean that because you fly Ag that you have a screw loose or that you are reckless. It is a very enjoyable career in Aviation and you have to manage your risks and have a margin in the job the same as in any aircraft! Capt. Wally I wonder if you ever fly along looking at your watch wishing you weren't at work? I bet anything you have done that! Flying Ag is exciting and I dont look at my watch wishing I were somewhere else, I just enjoy the job that it is. As you said, "Each to there own".

Capt Wally
27th Apr 2008, 00:05
'JW' for yr info in nearly 30 yrs of flying I have not once looked at my watch & wanted to be somewhere else. You see I don't fly for a 'bus' Co. my type of flying is the most rewarding of all in my opinion, something that few will ever experience!
So 'JW' careful what you bet!:)............& yes "each to their own"

CW

Jenna Talia
27th Apr 2008, 03:18
Hey, lets just stop this dick waving competition that has crept into this thread. I fly in airline ops and have the greatest respect for our ag brethren, as I do for Air Ambos, RFDS and other fixed wing operations, plus helo drivers. No one is better than any other, just that we all perform different functions in a great industry.

Glad to see the ag driver survived this one.

JT

Capt Wally
27th Apr 2008, 07:49
'JT' I dodn't see any of what's been posted so far as 'dick waving' more an explanation/expression as to who enjoys what type of flying the most, nufin' wrong with spruking off if yr passionate about one particular sector of our industry. For me it's about choice. 99% of this forum is about peoples opinions/choices when responding to a thread, that's all this pretty much is. Pilots will always be proud of what they do, despite the size of ones anatomy, besides it's a boy thing !:E

CW

haughtney1
27th Apr 2008, 11:24
Hey look one and all....

I started this thread to pass on the info about this accident, I didn't start the thread so that a few of you can have a bloody dick measuring contest....

Some of you are pathetic

JW.SOC
29th Apr 2008, 06:25
It seems Capt Wally that you enjoy your job also, that is fantastic. I were just throwing my view on it all in there but I never thought that it was a contest!! :ok:

currawong
29th Apr 2008, 06:40
Get well soon.

Any updates on the pilot's condition?

Capt Wally
29th Apr 2008, 10:26
Of course it's a contest "JW", life is a contest, ya gotta to be in it to win it right!:ok:

'huaghtney1'...pilots are the biggest 'prima-donners' & love comparing notes. Why do you think that the RAAF for Eg only have young highly trained drivers in their fast jets? Because even tho the older ones could fly them 'till the cows come home they wouldn't be able to stay at the bar afterwards long enough to brag about it all !:)

CW

Jenna Talia
29th Apr 2008, 12:04
Capt Wally said:

You see I don't fly for a 'bus' Co. my type of flying is the most rewarding of all in my opinion, something that few will ever experience!
So 'JW' careful what you bet!............& yes "each to their own"

Then:

'JT' I dodn't see any of what's been posted so far as 'dick waving'

:rolleyes:

Nuff said.

Capt Wally
29th Apr 2008, 12:13
........and I still don't !:ugh:

CW