PDA

View Full Version : Airline ops/management. looking for advice re uni

Otters2000
25th Apr 2008, 00:52
Hello all, was hoping to get some advice if you would all be so kind...

So...I'm a first year Aero Engineering student. It seemed like a good idea to do the course at the time, but after studying it for this long I think maybe its not for me...

Over the course of the two years since I chose the course I've decided I'd rather be involved in the airline/airport operations and management side of things, and so because of not enjoying my course at all so far I've been considering changing courses.

The course I'm thinking of changing to would be Air Transport Studies @ City Uni in London, though it has much lower entry requirements than the one I'm on at the moment, and as such both the course and uni possibly have a lower reputation. Would it be considered a step in the wrong direction to change, or would the fact that I would be changing to a course which would be directly related to the career path i want to move onto outweight that?

There are a lot of other pros and cons about it but thats the main question I'm looking for advice on, and I'm not going to post the rest at risk of boring you all and getting an answer biased by the other reasons.

All opinions welcome, and thanks for reading!