PDA

View Full Version : Topic: Anybody know what the turnover period is on N-numbers?

badnewsbear
24th Apr 2008, 23:00
I looked up an N-number on the FAA web site, but it said it was deregistered in '85.

Other sources claim (including pics on airliners.net) that the N-number was assigned to a completely different type of jet in '03 and '04.

How can I find the proper registration info if FAA's web site is showing old records?

Gulf4uk
26th Apr 2008, 20:01
hi

Normally on the FAA Website you can scroll down the page and see previous
Registrations if Applicable . If you know the Current Reg you can look on website LAAS that will give you some history Example for

HB-IGM Gulfstream 550 5004 shows (ex N904GA) If you only have the
construction number you will be able to trace current Reg using that

Thankfully few country's allow use of old registrations G does not and looks
like never Will "unless you know Different"

you can GOOGLE for LAAS website not sure if allowed to post it here
so best not

Tony
farnborough

badnewsbear
27th Apr 2008, 06:05
Got a response from the FAA... they said it was deregistered, but registered again 3 years later to a different plane. They said the reason it doesn't show up anymore is because its N-number was changed.

Attempting to see what type of information is archived. Reason for inquiry is gross negligence and misconduct on the part of the owner & pilot of the plane back in 2005.

PaperTiger
27th Apr 2008, 14:45
As suggested, simply google the registration. There are any number of spotters' websites and databases which are likely to have noted this plane at the time. Unless the pilot and owner are the same person, I'd say there's little chance of identifying him. The owner maybe, but even then it's doubtful.

411A
28th Apr 2008, 00:46
Regarding the original question...what is the turnover?

Sometimes...a very long time

Take, for example, the registration...N1R.

Once, long ago, assigned to the CV440 that belonged to the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team, and then transferred to an Electra...and finally a B720, it remains to this day still reserved by the LA Dodgers even though they sold the B720 long ago, upon the retirement of Fred Carlisle, their Chief Pilot.

When the Dodgers airplane was flying, it carried the call sign...Dodger One Roger.