PDA

View Full Version : Pilot/Mgmt. at NetJets?

Trolle
24th Apr 2008, 22:30
Don't know if this is the proper forum. There are a few airlines where I know management also flies. When I mention management I do not mean the chief pilot or other pilot-operational managers, but more general, such as marketing, sales, legal, senior, etc...

Some airlines frown upon this while others encourage it. There are pilots who have additional education and experience in management that can benefit a company.

Does anyone know if NetJets encourages or promotes such a policy? Maybe other "smaller" fractionals/charter companies.

I have both airline management and airline first officer experience and looking to combine both.

smallfry
25th Apr 2008, 09:08
I think that you might be out of luck in NJE, although you can always ask them...
As far as I can see, the only management pilots in NJE are operational, ie, flight ops. Non operational roles are non flying managers. The size of NJE means that the role of the non operational (ie non Flight ops) managers is pretty busy. To include flying as part of their duties is next to impossible. The truth is most of the Pilots in management roles with in NJE are only flying enough to keep their licences current, so busy are they in their management jobs. They would like to do more flying, of that I am sure, but the priorities are in the office.
I hope this helps