PDA

View Full Version : South China Sea RVSM

Slasher
1st Feb 2002, 00:04
RVSM procedures are promulgamated to begin Feb 01st within the WSJC, WMFC, and WBFC FIRs. I thought we could help each other by contributing to this thread as time progresses with any advice or questions, once this thing is implimented. Im based up the northern end here in Ha Noi, and could supply useful feedback for this end of the world. Im thinking maybe you guys in SIA, RB and MAS could provide valuable feedback at your end?

Marcellus Wallace
5th Feb 2002, 07:00
Looks like it's been postponed till later this month(February 21 to be exact). Checkout the FAA RVSM website at:. .<a href="http://www.faa.gov/ats/ato/rvsm1.htm" target="_blank">http://www.faa.gov/ats/ato/rvsm1.htm</a> . .and you'll be able to get the gist of the ATC meet in SIN recently.(oops...just visited the site...minutes of meeting still WIP)

As for the MAS birds(speaking about the B737's)...we are RVSM but not RNP10 so limited below FL290 on the parallel routes but the dedicated RNAV KCH/SBW/MYY/LBU/BKI routes will be the standard Eastbound or Westbound levels(where we are capable FL370) crossing the parallel routes close to SIN where the separation will be a 1000 feet.

Great to share any other news...

[ 05 February 2002: Message edited by: Marcellus Wallace ]</p>

Slasher
6th Feb 2002, 21:04
MW I understand non-RNP10 aircraft can still be cleared above FL290 ATC permitting on the day. For planning purposes its 290 or below.

Marcellus Wallace
7th Feb 2002, 20:53
You are right. Filed level would be FL290. Of course subject to ATC, non-RNP10 aircraft can be cleared above FL290 subject to vertical separation on adjacent tracks! Well that's what I understand from the AIP supplement I read. So quite restrictive..you need to be separated longitudinally from traffic on the track you fly and also vertically separated from traffic on the adjacent track which are about 60nm apart. If you are RNP10 then no problems. Problem for us is ..we are actually RNAV capable but lack redundancy, hence unable RNP10.

Slasher
8th Feb 2002, 18:43
Yeh thats right MW. But Idve thought the implimentation date was to co-incide with the dry season over the SCS so that "the system" bugs could be ironed out before the onset of the ITZ, when everyones going to be wandering about changing levels by 300ft because SIN RDO is uncontactable!