PDA

View Full Version : 757 over Knutsford 24/4/2008

Up up and away
24th Apr 2008, 14:47
Apologies in advance for any vagueness in my thread.

Work at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford and at approx. 1525 today there was a 757 passing overhead that caught my attention. Nothing weird with that you may say but the heading it was on is what caused this thread.

Usually when aircraft are taking off over Knutsford, they usually take a right to fly around the 'NIMBY's' and then come back around to rejoin the intended path. This 757 seemed to have taken the opposite route and overflew work (e.g. taken a left). We don't normally get 757's or any large jets for that matter following this path so I was wondering whether there was anything different about this particular flight.
Couldn't tell which airline the plane was except that it was quite a dark all-over colour - not one that I've seen operated by any civil airlines :suspect:

Anybody have any ideas or is it normal and I just don't notice these things?

anthonyw
24th Apr 2008, 14:55
I would guess weather for what its worth, Thunderstorms in the vicinity so maybe went for a non standard departure, just a guess so dont shoot me down! :)

Up up and away
24th Apr 2008, 15:30
Agreed, could be an option. Curious as to whether anybody else has any more specific information about departure times / aircraft type that will tie in.

Musket90
25th Apr 2008, 06:56
First Choice and Jet2 757's took off around that time - as mentioned weather avoidance was likely cause.

Up up and away
25th Apr 2008, 08:15
I guess it may well have been a Jet 2, seemed to be a darker colour scheme than what they use but if there were some heavy clouds about this could account for the apparent difference in colour

Whitehatter
26th Apr 2008, 09:24
Safety first. Always comes up there before the peace and quiet of the Knutsford colonels and ladies who lunch.

If there is weather to the west of the track then aircraft departing on the HONLY or NOKIN tracks which normally do the 'wiggle' can take a revised route. There is a weight and noise limit on the LISTO SID which would go over Knutsford directly but again safety first.