PDA

View Full Version : checking out jobs in Tanzania

djg1
24th Apr 2008, 13:28
greetings all I am looking at caravan jobs in Tanzania northern air, air excel, Coastal ,
i would like to hear from pilots about these companies, how they treat pilots, pay, will they be somewhat honest in any job offers etc? cost of renting a house etc.
I am not a time builder already have 10,000 hours and 5000 in the van, but just looking for a fun place to make some money and live while i work on a business in my wifes home country. thanks to all in advance

406pilot
24th Apr 2008, 19:51
hola'

soapbox cowboy.....b737lover.....are u guys gonna take this one or u want me to take it ?

let the sledging begin:ugh:

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

djg1
24th Apr 2008, 21:17
be nice now , I am no differant then you just trying to feed my family

B737 lover
25th Apr 2008, 10:20
Hi there,
To start with, all the companies you have mentioned are very good and they are looking for pilots especially for the next season which starts in June, it all depends on where you want to base, Coastal is in Dar-es-salaam and the rest are in Arusha.
The pay is almost the same, even though you might get a little bit more in Arusha with some companies but life is a little bit more expensive there as well compare to Dar.
With your experience, expect to get a good package, example with Coastal you will get free accomodation, Transport allowance or maybe transportation to and from the Airport etc... and before i forget because Tanzania is a beautiful country, you will explore and enjoy it all.
Goodluck and Karibu Tanzania.
Aka Benz lover:ok:

djg1
25th Apr 2008, 13:50
thanks for the input, yes it sounds like such a beautiful place, i used to fly tours over the grand canyon and had lots of fun!
never know may see you around there

flyhardmo
25th Apr 2008, 15:01
life is a little bit more expensive there as well compare to Dar.

I found Arusha Cheaper than Dar especially a nice house in a descent area . fuel is quite a bit more expensive. Plus from Arusha you get to travel to Nairobi more often to get some descent luxuries, well maybe not these days.
Dar is hot, humid and the traffic is a nightmare and you'll have to deal with 406 pilot :} :} :}

Soap Box Cowboy
26th Apr 2008, 01:13
Ah you only have to deal with 406 if your doing IR renewal or if you unlucky to be ahead of him when he comes burning in on his Dash-8 trying to show us all the tricks of his new toy. :}

B737 lover
26th Apr 2008, 06:59
Aha talking about 406pilot with his new Toy (Dash 8), he does the same thing as well on the ground with his Subaru Impreza, he doesn't want to see a car infront of him, always racing.
And the worst part is his car is written his name everywhere so you will definately identify it, what a character:ok:!!!
djg1 sorry for going out of your Thread.
Aka Benz lover.

406pilot
26th Apr 2008, 22:02
hola'

oh guys im really overwhelmed...so much love, and so little time...kinda explains why im always in a hurry, but first things first....a big round of applause:D:D:D:D for my buddies "flyhardmo" and "pete77" for getting their hands on the a340...

djg, yes chances are that if u get a job with coastal you will almost surely bump into the b737lover ...aka benzlover cause he still flies for them as and whn the need arises..

carefull now cowboy:=, 27th isnt that far and the examiner is my collegue, new rumour is the guy you were originally paired for in the sim is joining us..:ugh::ugh:so help us god...oh life is gonna be so nice for u in a few more days, u will be able to climb in and out of the bed from both sides...:}

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot