PDA

View Full Version : Zambia help!?

stewartvwyk
24th Apr 2008, 10:40
Hi guys!

Just been let down in a BIG way by a SA company that offered me a position that never existed. Worst part is that I turned down a perfectly good offer in Maun for this. Anyways, now im back to square one looking for work once again.
I Havn't try Zambia yet, and it seems that they need guys there.

Any help, contact details, would really be much appreciated!

Ive got 237TT, C208, B200.

Regards!!!

zimsean
24th Apr 2008, 11:45
Check out the Avcom jobs section (avcom.co.za). Tread carefully in Zambia - there are some very good operators and one or two outright crooks. I know from experience a number of years ago. Generally the long established operators are the way to go, as one would expect, and the advantage is that you can check them out carefully before you make a big move.

The flying there is fantastic, the lodges are excellent and the bush flying experience is perhaps second to none for a low time pilot.

Best of luck!!!

Coleman Myers
25th Apr 2008, 05:50
Where was your license issued and what is your TT ?.

minalopilot
25th Apr 2008, 15:11
if 237 is your total time, then up here it is going to be tricky. as most planes are loaded with insurance and require much higher. but having said that you could be lucky and get P2 on a van untill you get to 500 TT, that is the minimum for most here who are operating vans.
less than a hand full of B200 operating up here.
best would be to get a C206 rating, if you dont have, then you can try with any of the charter companies.
sefofane
star of africa
proflight
i think you can find them on websites pretty easy.

best of luck.
happy landings