PDA

View Full Version : Queries about SIA intakes

cyyap3
24th Apr 2008, 02:35
Dear all,

I have heard recently about certain things regarding SIA which I want anybody here who can help to clarify it. Hope I will get help from anybody who knows about it. I have heard that SIA only take graduate private cadets from MFA and not other schools, is that true? In fact all other airlines outside Malaysia only recognise the license from MFA. But that seems a little weird because all the schools are recognised by DCA how come there are airlines that recognise only MFA? Can anyone rectify this statement?

And also I came to know that SIA only gives each person 2 tries at their first stage interview and anything more than that will not be entertained. Is this true as well?? Really hope to hear from all you wish people and aviators out there. Thanks!

nyamukterbang
24th Apr 2008, 08:33
sia does accept other lisence holder from flying schools except from mfa..but however, CASA doesnt recognise them so its as good as nothing because u will still have to do everything all over again..unless if ure a mfa graduate, u will be exempted from basic training n can jump straight into the lear jet phase...

however this was the case when i went to s'pore for the interview back in march last year..it might change,but then again it might not!i dont know..

handsome one
24th Apr 2008, 12:01
;)MFA must be providing excellent pilots since SQ would take them

cyyap3
25th Apr 2008, 00:32
:hmm::hmm::hmm: I am confused now...So meaning if i go to any other flight schools, sia will still accept my application but that i have to do their whole frozen atpl course all over again? doesnt seem to make sense...then they will have to spend another extra of S$200,000 to train up someone who already have their frozen atpl license. Seems pretty not worthwhile for SIA whereas for the guy with the license means he will have 2 licenses? One from DCAM and another from CASA?:suspect::suspect:

So if i graduate from MFA, i can go straight to the learjet phase which will be much shorter and faster but due to the back lock in MFA... will it compensate back the leap straight to learjet phase?:confused::*