View Full Version : Dubai Based

air-girl-78
23rd Apr 2008, 11:56
Hello pprune sitemates,
I was wondering , does anyone have any info about Virgin recruitment, DXB base?
I've heard, and I know for a fact, that Virgin opend a crew base in Dubai. It has been a while, really, but it seems they never recruit for DXB base. Same is with silverjet.
I also heard that silverjet is going to open a base in Dubai, but they also don't recruit for Dubai base.
Any info from Virgin or Silverjet crew members, or anyone who knows something would be very,very appriciated. Please help!
Thank you.

Happy flying!

Leito
23rd Apr 2008, 16:55
I've heard, and I know for a fact, that Virgin opend a crew base in Dubai

If you say so, but you better check your facts and next time that "you heard" something ask then to those who tell you. As far as I know ib16uk is right. :hmm:

CJN72
23rd Apr 2008, 17:14
Well if Virgin and Silverjet have opened bases in Dubai then Emirates haven't heard about it!!!!!

leemarlon
23rd Apr 2008, 20:00
That's impossible that they open a crew base in Dubai...Emirates flies 6 a day to London LHR, 2 or 3 to LGW...how comes they come to Dubai to open a crew base for Virgin? :=

Emirates Airline rocks in Dubai and everywhere! ;)

air-girl-78
26th Apr 2008, 14:29
IB16UK,
I AM A WOMAN, and would not ever marry you,ha,ha,ha. Just joking....but the way you said "I AM A MAN and I am always right"...scares me. Hah!
Well, thank you IB16UK and all of you guys for clearing things up.
Fanny enough, I am ex Emirates crew, and was supprised myself that there is possibility for any other carrier to open a base in DXB. But...you know crew! Some of them like to gossip. One girl told me about Virgin and she told me that they have opened a dedicated site for DXB. And, when I saw the Virgin UAE site, I must say that I bealived this gossip. But I still had my doubts otherwise I wouldn't write this post hopping for you guys to help me. And you did. Thanks all of you, now I know that no one but Emirates has DXB base, still.

Enjoy your flights, friendships, life!
Air-girl-78

Mike16
26th Apr 2008, 15:55
This Girl has ATTITUDE like Vicky pollard !!!!!

lol

I Just Want To Fly
26th Apr 2008, 20:15
OK what are you all talking about??? None of you are correct...!

Virgin Atlantic has alot more than 4 bases: MAN, HKG, PVG, LOS, SYD, DEL BOM and LON which is LHR/LGW dual base.

LHR-DXB-LHR is operated by LON and DEL crew.
DEL crew are work DEL-LHR-DXB-LDR-DEL.
They are used on the DXB route due to the large number of Indian pax on the flights.

Virgin Atlantic DOES NOT, HAS NEVER and probably WILL NOT, have a base in DXB.

In early april, V-Australia based in SYD, a subsidiary of Virgin Blue, which is a Domestic Airline in Australia, recently had a recruitment drive in DXB. This is a new airline, which will be operating B777-300ER, and the new airline needs crew who are experienced on this type. EK operates this a/c and there are lots of aussies working for them. No further recruitment in DXB is planned.

This may be what got you confused.

If English is not your first language, please be aware, that by using the term "I know for a fact", indicates that you would know for certain, which you obviously didn't.

Mari
27th Apr 2008, 19:58
I agree with the info above.

I also think that the reason for confusion was the roadshow (or assessment day) of V Australia in Dubai.