PDA

View Full Version : BA Long Haul lifestyle

L_Loader
23rd Apr 2008, 10:31
Hello guys and girls!

I know that this has been mentioned before in various threads but I thought it might be practical with a new thread named like this. It makes it kind of easier for new comers to find the information. The BA Short Haul lifestyle thread is an excellent example of that. Se link: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=322332

So please, if anyone would be so kind to publish brief overviews of monthly rosters for the various long haul fleets, in the same way that it is done for SH in the above mentioned thread, it would be very appreciated by me and I am sure many others.

Thanks in advance

Bellerophon
24th Apr 2008, 07:28
L_Loader

This from an earlier discussion on this topic:

Below are three rosters, for three different F/Os of varying degrees of seniority on the B747, during a recent month. I think they are reasonably representative of a typical line for that seniority.

All these lines were bid for, under BidLine (not assigned or rostered) all earned roughly the same amount of credit, all were sufficient work for that particular month, which was an average month. The amount of work required over a year is fixed, but the amount of work required each month can, and does, vary, at BA's discretion.
Senior F/O: BKK/SYD (9), JNB (5), BLR (4). 18 Days On / 12 Days Off Middle F/O: NRT (4), DEL (3), SFO (4), JNB (5). 16 Days On / 14 Days Off Junior F/O: BLR (4), MIA (3), MEX (5), NRT (4). 16 Days On / 14 Days Off
You will hear moans about Bidline, but few who have used it would ever want to go back to being rostered!

Regards

Bellerophon

L_Loader
24th Apr 2008, 08:31
Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks a lot!