PDA

View Full Version : SA/CAA FOIs.

cavortingcheetah
23rd Apr 2008, 08:19
:hmm:

The advertisement for Flight Operations Inspectors seems to have been removed from the SA/CAA website page. It related to inspectors in all categories, from light up to heavy, inclusive.
Does anyone know whether the CAA are still shy of such talented individuals, whether the organization ever looks at rolling short term contracted inspectors and, of course, whether or not the Authority is a cracking good employer?
All replies received will be treated in confidence of course!:)

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd Apr 2008, 09:00
Thinking of crossing to the Dark Side?:E

cavortingcheetah
23rd Apr 2008, 09:14

Have to be the first to admit that your response had me in cavorting hysterics. More like a hyena than the beauteous beast I am.
Yes actually, there need to be a lot less pilots around in order to make jobs easier to find for the good guys and that means that all the little newbies must fail their flight tests with imediate effect!:E

In consideration of the public service being performed by Eskom the diktats of their aviation section recruitment campaign will be born in mind.

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd Apr 2008, 09:32
Don't forget your big black helmet and floor length black bathrobe. Leave the fluffy bunny slippers at home though, even if they are black. Also need to smoke 60 a day to get that raspy breath thing right when stalking through the licensing area at CAA and dropping young PPL holders in their tracks with the power of the Dark Side.:}

cavortingcheetah
23rd Apr 2008, 09:40

That takes descriptive care of at least two of the FOIs then.
Anonymity will suitably cloak which two, of course.;)

Whenwe
23rd Apr 2008, 09:42
SRT a very good comment indeed

Have taken note of the goings on over there at midrand. I suspect there could be some off-white noses out of joint, only a thought.......
Not even Colin is going to get around the laws of the land and then there is another FAA audit around the corner....... Interesting days ahead.

VortexGen300
23rd Apr 2008, 10:10
Friend of Mine applied

After weeks of nothingness - decided to phone?

Got k@k-ed out for phoning - then to be told - sorry you don't make the requirement (he had the hours & license).

When he asked what lacked - they were saying: "Don't need to tell!"

Guess where he is now? (Somewhere south / east accross a lot of water) flying beautiful SAAB turbo props and not having to worry about using the following sentence to say good night to his wife & kids:

"Are the gates & safety locks locked? Are the windows & doors closed? Is the alarm activated? Is the fire arms cocked & locked under the pillow? Oh yes, never mind the lights Eskom will take care of them!"

Who wants to worry about checking the paperwork of every operator? I for one have better things to do with my time anyway?

Stirred
VG300

Lynessa
26th Apr 2008, 07:02
VG, I could'nt agree more.
Atleast he keeps his self respect.:ok:
In South Africa only the losers end up at our CAA anyway.

cavortingcheetah
26th Apr 2008, 08:26

In the matter of the CAA and losers one thinks that such comments paint with too wide a wingspan.
However, unless there are those who are prepared to make the supreme sacrifice for flight and fatherland (or should that be motherland, given the matriarchal aspects of the Boers, the Zulus and miscellanious tribes?) the CAA will never become the hangar of excellence that its wonderful new headquarters demands.:):)