PDA

View Full Version : Silver Air UAE

Gen Ties
23rd Apr 2008, 00:33
Looking for some any information on Silver Air, Ras Al Khaimah.

Tried the search option but only got this!!
The search term you specified (air) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

Many thanks.

Gulfstreamaviator
23rd Apr 2008, 04:04
never heard of silver air, sorry.

glf

Sander
24th Apr 2008, 04:10
www.silverairuae.com

Nardi Riviera
10th May 2008, 18:23
According to their website: At present 4 ex-Saudi B-737-268. Plans to acquire -300’s and -400’s as well, acc to web-article.

Found pics of the 4 a/c at the a-net picture database between Jan 2005 and Apr 2006, all converted at ADD.

Strange that there is no other mention of it on pprune. Just curious because I met a bloke today who had just been hired…

Wiley Post
12th May 2008, 06:18
I especially like the screw driver just below the fire handles on the center console on the cockpit pic they have on their website. :p

Instills confidence don't ya think :}

eagle135
1st Aug 2008, 12:29
Hi Guys! Any Ideas/ Info About Silver Air In Rak? Anybody Who Currently Works Or Previously Worked With Silver Air, Who Could Insights What Kind Of Airline Is It?

Thanks A Lot For Your Piece Of Advice.....

Silverspoonaviator
1st Aug 2008, 14:31
All I know is that they are a low cost charter operator, using old Boings.

No other news, sorry.

eagle135
3rd Aug 2008, 13:10
Thanks a lot Silverspoon.

homesick rae
4th Aug 2008, 05:54
CEO: Steffen Harporth (ex SAS)
Flight Ops Director: Per Jakobsen
Head of Inflight: Diaa El Waasly (ex RAK)

Cheers

HR

fractional
4th Aug 2008, 08:04
Will this work? Hmmmm:hmm:

homesick rae
4th Aug 2008, 08:45
My thoughts exactly!

737BBJ
8th Aug 2008, 16:33
Set up to be an ACMI/sub-charter operator with B737-200 and B737-3/4/500. With the SHJ charter operators just hanging in there, the region needs a new airline taking care of this niche.

el sol
8th Nov 2008, 00:34
New ACMI in the UAE

"Silver Air is ready for take off
Posted on Tuesday, 28 October 2008

Industry SectorAviation
Country United Arab Emirates
Client(s) Silver Air

Press Release Content

Attainment of Air Operator's Certificate (AOC) means that the Dubai ACMI carrier is ready to meet the requirements of airlines and operators throughout the region.

Silver Air is delighted to announce that it has just attained its UAE GCAA Air Operator's Certificate (AOC). This marks the beginning of a new era for Silver Air and a key point in the strategy of the company; the Dubai ACMI carrier is now ready to meet the needs of airlines and partners throughout the Gulf region. The AOC was attained in less than one year by the UAE carrier, reflecting the high quality and safety standards Silver Air demands of itself.

The aim of Silver Air is to be the leading ACMI wet lease charter carrier in the Middle East. The company will achieve this by delivering outstanding customer service with the aim of becoming the "partner of choice" for operators and organisations throughout the region. Customers will experience exceptional standards in reliability, service and safety while at the same time experiencing outstanding cost effectiveness.

Silver Air's current fleet of aircraft consists of three Boeing 737-200 and one 737-300 aircraft, with plans for further expansion of the fleet to ten aircraft by the beginning of 2010. The expanded fleet will include 737-300's and -400's together with two upgraded -200's.

Commenting on the attainment of the AOC Silver Air CEO, Steffen Harpoth said "The AOC marks a major milestone in the development of Silver Air. One of our key first objectives was to secure the AOC in the UAE and we are delighted to have achieved it in such a record time. This means that we can go into the market and show the airlines and other customers of the Middle East just what we can offer.

We are perfectly placed, in this rapidly growing market, to meet the needs of the airlines of the region. I look forward to setting new standards in customer service, reliability, safety and security. We wish to deliver to our customers the best service, with the best aircraft; the AOC means that we are ready to do so."

Notes and contacts
About Silver Air

Silver Air was established in 2004 as a Dubai based ACMI (Aircraft, Crew, and Maintenance & Insurance) air carrier. The company currently operates two Boeing 737-200. The aircraft are equipped with Pratt & Whitney JT8D engines and have capacity for approximately 115 passengers, and one Boeing 737-300 aircraft equipped with CFM56-3C1 engines and a capacity of 127 passengers Silver Air's expansion plans include the acquisition of Boeing 737-300's and -400's to increase the size of the fleet to 10 aircraft by 2010.

Silver Air is established in the Gulf region as a reliable, well run ACMI carrier perfectly placed to meet the growing demands in this expanding market. The company offers the following services for long and short term contracts: Ad Hoc Charter, Short or Medium Term Series, Fill in ACMI Cover, Long Term ACMI and Long Term CPA.

Please visit welcome to silverairuae.com (http://www.silverairuae.com)
Contact Details

Name Lina Chahine
Company Silver Air
Telephone 971 4 4080371
Email [email protected] "

Fat Clemenza
8th Nov 2008, 14:00
"The aim of Silver Air is to be the leading ACMI wet lease charter carrier in the Middle East. The company will achieve this by delivering outstanding customer service with the aim of becoming the "partner of choice" for operators and organisations throughout the region. Customers will experience exceptional standards in reliability, service and safety while at the same time experiencing outstanding cost effectiveness."

Yeah Yeah Yeah...They all wanna be the leaders and the best and the most wonderful operators of the region. Let's see if they can successfully launch first, then treat their staff decently throughout the launch and growth phases...if any.

niss
18th Nov 2008, 13:56
Just been contacted by Sigmar, assesment this weekend i Brussel.
Any body got anything the want to share about this company?

747fanatic
18th Nov 2008, 14:15
Flights to Kabul is the catch.

spearomic
19th Nov 2008, 17:01
What are the minimums for pilots ?

esirgo
19th Nov 2008, 17:03
I,m also scheduling for a Sim this weekend , Any Information about living in Ras Al Khaimah or any extra information.

Thanks you in advanced

Ed

Gulfstreamaviator
20th Nov 2008, 03:11
I hope you get to the next hurdle,

Take care up there.

glf

pilot415
5th Dec 2008, 15:22
****ty company... don't go!!! they have a typical arabic attitudes, although the ceo and foph are scandinavian, they'll cheat you... ops in war zone, istanbul next, then who know... they work on daily plan and count on desperate pilots not able to find anything else around... don't go!!!

pilot415
5th Dec 2008, 15:24
****ty company...don't go!!! they'll cheat you. DON'T GO !!!!

wannabe-aviator
6th Dec 2008, 09:30
Whats a typical Arabic attitude Pilot145 please do let us know?????

pilot415
7th Dec 2008, 19:55
typical arabic attitude means: promise something that will never happen...

wannabe-aviator
8th Dec 2008, 04:55
Pilot

Well One can say that about Prime Minister Berluscony or any other European or African or South American or Asian person on earth, you trying to pin point such an ideology on a general level on Arabs only shows that your problem is not on a commercial level but more so on a Racial level, for you are very narrow minded and idiotic for wanting to generalise 250-400 million people as being all the same I think you need to grow up get cultured and open your eyes and mind and enough with your racist generalisation :=

pilot415
8th Dec 2008, 09:16
wannabe,

I didn't say anything personal to you so do the same with me... and since I'm currently working in the Arabic peninsula, where I passed already 8 years, means that I don't generalize the arabic people ... I just said about their attitude, well known around the world... who is doing racism about religion, rights of the woman, etc? ... go to Saudi Arabia or Yemen or Pakistan and you'll see what I mean and in any case, I'm afraid, you are a very narrow minded person... open your brain and don't talk personally... learn some style!!!

pilot415

savannah
8th Dec 2008, 10:27
Guyz i hope you are aware that most of their flights are in to bagdad and kabul, and the only NDB beacons available in that region are Stinger SAM's
If i need to elaborate a little..... These are mobile beacons, situated along your path to the airport, they are carried on shoulders by those guys dressing in long gowns and half of their faces are covered by beards, they hardly smile leave alone laughing, extremely loyal to this art of redirecting a/c from its intended flt path and airport of intending landing
If u are one of Kamikaze pilots then Silver Air is for you!:ok:

pilot415
8th Dec 2008, 14:24
they are sharks..working on daily basis... don't go!!!

Ducceman
11th Dec 2008, 11:09
Anybody that works with Silver Air that could send me an serious mail about what they think? :)

NGrat
31st Dec 2008, 11:00
Heysan Ducceman

Any luck with more info on silverair..??

Rat

highnlow
1st Jan 2009, 06:36
According to reliable info, they operate one 737-300. Another will enter service this month. They have two 737-200 coming out of C-Check. Charter contracts. Destinations are in Iraq and Afghanistan, but not Kabul. Pilots from Europe and USA. Cabin staff from Middle East and Far East. Most of the management from Europe. They do not offer commuting contacts.

peeeyejo
16th Jan 2009, 08:43
Have any of you taken up work at Silver Air? Does anyone have any firsthand knowledge? (Needs Must etc!)
Would appreciate any light thrown on this outfit.

komolafe007
28th Jan 2009, 17:23
Silver Air …. looks promising. They have now a Ground Operations Director setting up a new OCC, as well a new DFO and Commercial Director. One more 737-300 getting ready at Abu Dhabi and three more on the way from US… well done guys :D ****ty operator?!? don’t think so !! Good luck!

komolafe007
28th Jan 2009, 17:27
... I forgot to mention, a 03 year deal with ADAT (Maintenance service provider) and a Maintenance Director ex-RAK ...

highnlow
30th Jan 2009, 02:26
When people describe a company as ****ty it sounds more like somebody did not get a job with them :ouch: Anyway, it seems like they are making headways as a European managed ACMI operator. Operating flights to Afghanistan and Iraq from DXB. It is said that three ex-United 733 can be on their AOC before the summer, with the first one pretty soon. The RuNe is whispering about NG in the future :)

They are receiving applications for the expansion. Those shortlisted will have to do a Psychometrical test and a simulator evaluation. It is said that you need to perform well both in the simulator and during line training to pass their checks, and that some pilots have already seen that. No Sunday walk in the park is the message.

High minimum requirements with 8000 total time for captains and 1500 for first officers, You will need time on the 737 to pass the first part of the screening. They do run cabin crew courses for unexperienced applicants.

Remuneration package is said to be around the same as for FlyDubai offer.

R&F
30th Jan 2009, 13:12
If they not change or increase it....this is the detail

Captain---$9000
F/O-----$6000
for 90 hours....
Per landing in Iraq and afghan $75
Accomodation allowance...if not mistaken...50000 Dhs for F/O, i don't know abt captain.

hjmemon
19th Feb 2009, 12:08
Hello everyone!
Well just need a quick update.
1. How much F/O being paid?
2. Any additional flying allowance?
3. Average monthly flying?
Thanks in advance.

highnlow
21st Apr 2009, 12:57
I wrote in January that Silver Air would have a second aircraft in the air at that time. I had it from people close to the action. Well, guess what. It took them over 3 months, I repeat three months, to get that 737 off the ground :rolleyes:. I bet the owners were not too pleased with the danish CEO for not being able to bring some cash into their the company bank accounts. But maybe he was too busy convincing people to stay with the new airline. At least five captains have left during the past few months, including the Head of Training :ouch:. The company lost their charter flights to Afghanistan and are operating to Iraqi these days. The two 732 they own have been in Amman for close to a year for checks and what have you. And they are still there :hmm:. All in all it does not look like a healthy start up that Silver Air. It will be interesting to see how long the ex Sterling managers from Denmark can keep this going before the owners start sending some of them packing.

highnlow
6th Jul 2009, 02:23
It had to happen. The Danish CEO is gone :ok:and the Commercial guy is now placed in the driver's seat :ouch: Pilots and other people keeping "the sinking ship" from disaster, are leaving. Bet it's a matter of weeks and a promising company will be history.

NGrat
4th Aug 2009, 20:17
Silver just got their AOC taken away from them!!!

highnlow
13th Sep 2009, 03:36

Interesting thoughts when it comes to the danish people who came into management ! If you are saying what I think you are saying, then more company owners should be alerted when they hire new managers. The exit of Sterling Airways brought a good number of people, pilots and managers to the region.

I don't think you should blame Dubai or UAE the way things went in Silver Air. For the time being, the opportunities for aviators are in the Middle East. More so than in others places around the world. The area has a lot to offer. But when you are part of a company that is brought to an abrupt halt after only a few months of operation because of..................(fill in the blank), and you have to wait for weeks before the money arrive on your bank account, well then I can understand your feelings.

Silver Air did not reach a position in Middle East aviation where you can say it played a significant part of it. That is probably why we see so little interest for the company here on pprune. But for the people who worked there it was significant. The company gave them a job, they moved to Dubai from different corners of the world, only to see a promising airline go belly up after a few months. Sad.

homesick rae
13th Sep 2009, 08:11
I was taken for lunch one Sunday in Kensington by S.H. the then CEO with a view to me joining the company in management. It was very pleasant indeed and everything looked very positive - to the extent he brought out the company structure and asked me where I saw myself slotting in - we agreed on this and that I would act as a consultant at first. A few emails were sent to S.H. who eventually replied by saying that there was no position available for someone of my qualifications!!!???

When questioned there was nothing but excuses and no real reason for the sudden change of heart. He also blanked me completely at an exhibition shortly afterwards as if he didn't know me.

Suffice to say - I am now grateful things didn't work out from what I am hearing!

Cheers

HR

hedfan
22nd Sep 2009, 08:25
Any updates on Silver Air are they still operating or have they closed down completley?

highnlow
28th Sep 2009, 12:37
According to the PPRuNe in the ME they are not flying. But that does not mean they are closed down completely. All crews are terminated thou. Smart move if you want to save money while you are trying to reorganise the company to the satisfaction of the GCAA :) Is it going to fly again? Only with proffesional people at the steering wheel :ok:

deepwater
24th Aug 2010, 08:30
Understand Airline reorganising. An acting CEO [a brit] is in charge. Says it will relaunch but I doubt it. Aircraft selected B737-200 not brilliant. Love to know who wrote the Business Plan. Was in a UK based operation in the South East ??

TwinAisle
24th Aug 2010, 09:02
A little confused there, deepwater.

The current acting CEO is indeed a Brit, who was tasked with writing a new business plan, following the failure of the one written by the SE company. (Not going to speculate on why that happened).

New plan has been accepted by the funders, who sadly don't seem to have very deep pockets... so acting CEO has quit.

Neither the old business plan or the new one uses 732s. Both are Classic aircraft, and the current CEO has been working to dump the 200s for spares to help pay off some of the very nasty debts inherited.

Relaunch? Ask the owners.

TA

MAD MACHINE
17th Nov 2010, 19:34
Good news for all the captains and cabin crew for B737s. silver air is coming back to operations again with new management starting Feb 2011, AOC renewal is in progress, i will post further details and hiring plan very soon. New website will be launched with more details worry not, keep your fingers crossed, sectors will be subcontinent/Africa and Middle east.

Bergkamp10
18th Nov 2010, 11:25
This sounds really interesting given the current GCAA position on new airlines, would be good to see the airline off the ground.

Anybody know PTL requirements, etc???

Thanks in advance,

Bergkamp10 :ok:

Spurr
19th Nov 2010, 13:32
Anyone know who "the brit" in charge is? Or in fact if he's still there?

TwinAisle
19th Nov 2010, 13:38
The Brit in question left some months ago following the failure of the owners to make any progress with funding to restart. No money means no airline...

TA

NZ X man
19th Nov 2010, 21:45
So, afte going through the history of this thread, perhaps 145 was correct, I.E. ****TY AIRLINE! History always repeats itself, especially in aviation it seems.

MAD MACHINE
5th Dec 2010, 09:45
No Brit in-charge false information, the new management is not brit

deepwater
18th Dec 2010, 16:17
Well if 'The Brit' left because there was no money what's the name of the new guy what's his background and why does he/she think it will fly again. As an aside with what equipment ??

MAD MACHINE
20th Dec 2010, 08:29
well Mr, brit left the company for his own reasons however its has nothing to do with money, New guy history is quit strong and clean i can't disclose at this stage but you will find out soon once the new website will be revealed, please keep in touch and i will keep you informed. cheers:cool:

WindBeneathMyWings
1st Jan 2011, 15:36
So the new guy [Mad Machine] is unable to tell us who he is !! Maybe he should read the previous posts. Seems to me that the Company has substantial debts owing and a reputation tarnished.

Maybe he should go back to basics and ask questions on the original founders and who wrote the business plan which subsequently fwll apart. Bet both Founders and Business Plan authors were paid a tidy sum

MAD MACHINE
10th Jan 2011, 18:12
sorry I am not able to disclose the name of the new guys at this stage, however silver air owned by Gargash family one of the well respected business family of UAE. i hope u get the answer now. no need to trust me watch for urself march the company will start operations.

desertopsguy
10th Jan 2011, 23:22
Be interesting to see what the latest iteration of the business plan will be.

The 'knackered birds out of RAK' plan didn't work on the first go, what makes them think that the 'slightly less knackered birds out of RAK' plan will work any better?...

We probably know how this one will end.

D.O.G

MAD MACHINE
9th Feb 2011, 17:51
silver air B737-400 will arrive at dubai Airport on 15th march 2011.

Madox3
11th Feb 2011, 07:43
:ok:
It was certainly very interesting reading.
IF the aircraft arrives on 15th March 2011, when will start hiring?

MAD MACHINE
13th Feb 2011, 10:07
hiring will start in march. good luck

Madox3
15th Feb 2011, 05:03
Thank you Mad Machine, I appreciate.
Have you been there?:rolleyes:

akorshlow
11th Jul 2011, 12:06
Thank you, can you please advise who is the owner of Silver Air, and to which company it belongs?

desertopsguy
21st Jul 2011, 19:55
Does it really matter ?

akorshlow
22nd Jul 2011, 08:13
thank you, just would like to update my records

akorshlow
22nd Jul 2011, 08:31
hi, could you please help me to sort out who is the owners of Silver Air company? or the company holding Silver Air?

thanks

fractional
22nd Jul 2011, 09:06
It is always important to know who is behind all these operators. Sometimes, the information is not available and that is not helpful.
Simple: Emirates, Etihad, Saudi Arabian and Qatar as examples, will be always around, but cannot say the same about the private operators, mainly the smaller ones including the business/executive jets.