PDA

View Full Version : Single Piston? Asia? Yes? No?

strewth
14th Jan 2002, 08:30
Hiya,

Out of interest, does anyone know of any companies in asia that use single piston engine aircraft for charters? As a low timer in Australia, this is pretty much all that is available (not that I mind, actually looking forward to it), but I was wondering what people in other countries have to do to get their first job and increase the number of ever important flight hours required to get onto larger machines and better (???) pay. Not everyone can get airline sponsorships don'tchaknow

thanks

zxamx
14th Jan 2002, 15:35
Not in SEA countries that I know of. Probably in other Asian countries. Keep trying mate..........

Wings
16th Jan 2002, 20:15
You might want to try a crowd called 'Hunting'. They had an operation in Zimbabwe flying tourists around the Victoria Falls using Barons, C 210s and the like. As far as Indonesia and Malaysia etc go, forget pistons. Avgas is very hatd to acquire regularly so everyone uses turbines.
Perhaps trying Indonesia Air Transport at Halim Airport Jakarta might be useful.
A friend of mine worked for Hunting about 10 years ago and it got him started, he now is a Captain on B 777 for Emirates. Hunting were a British based company.
I.A.T. operate lots of small turbine types including Shorts 330s up to Falcon 20 jets. They offered me a job about 9 years ago now but I had a better job already. For a new guy though it would be a good start.
No. I won't send you names of contacts as (a) they are now good friends, and (b) the names and addresses of the rest are so old as to be wrong.
Anyway a bit of detective work on your part will help prove to them how keen you are.
Good Luck. Flying is a great life.
Cheers