PDA

View Full Version : IE7 problem

boofhead
22nd Apr 2008, 16:28
I have several PCs wirelessly connected. The master PC is hard wired.
Lately it does not connect to IE. The modem lights show it starts to connect but then stops doing so, with no messages showing and the green connect bar only half done. Sometimes it connects, after 5 minutes or so then runs normally.
I tried reducing the security, but cannot find any other way to make it do anything and still have the problem.
Did a virus scan and found nothing. Maybe should do some other check for spyware or whatever?
I tried to update or re-load IE, but since IE is already loaded it won't let me. My only choice seems to be to uninstall it then reinstall. Not a lot of fun.
Meanwhile aol runs normally as do any other programs that do not need IE, so the wireless is working fine. And on the other computers attached to the wireless network, IE works fine.
Does anyone have a suggestion please? It is the wife's computer so of course it is my fault.:uhoh:

Guest 112233
22nd Apr 2008, 20:51
See which channel your wireless router is using - you may be getting interfearence from an adjacent wireless network - and check the connection status. you may have an overloaded router

Blues&twos
22nd Apr 2008, 22:15
Or a simpler alternative to re-installing - try a System Restore to a time when your IE was working OK. Might work, might not, but you can easily undo a System Restore.

Not many people seem to use System Restore, maybe there's a good reason for this....but it's saved my bacon on a number of occasions!