PDA

View Full Version : Skype question - multiple profiles on 1 PC

david1300
22nd Apr 2008, 11:56
Hi all. I am trying to set up a second Skype profile on my PC for a second family member, but can't find how to do it (or even if I can do it). I've done a search of this forum, but not found the answer.

Does anyone have experience with this that they can share to point me in the right direction?

Many thanks.

BRS_flyer
22nd Apr 2008, 13:05
What Operating system are you using? If it is Win XP the simplest thing to do is to create them their own logon for the PC (Control panel/Users) and then they will have access to all programs installed on the PC (Skype included) but are able to enter their own logon details.

Works well with iTunes as well.

Bushfiva
22nd Apr 2008, 13:12
trying to set up a second Skype profile

With Skype running, sign out (file...sign out). You'll be at the sign in screen. Underneath your name is "don't have an account?". Click on that, create the new account. You may want to have "sign me in when Skype starts" deselected. From then on, when Skype starts, both user names will be presented in a drop-down list. You can have as many accounts as you want, it's quite simple. If you normally use one account, simply have that marked as "sign in with this account when Skype starts". Thereafter, simply sign out to move between user accounts.

david1300
23rd Apr 2008, 09:05
:) Thank you Bushfiva - your instructions were simple and straighforward - just what I needed. All done and fine.

BRS - whoops - I should have given the operating system (XP Pro SP2).

Thanks again for the help :)

Bushfiva
23rd Apr 2008, 10:46
You're welcome.

Temet_Nosce
25th Apr 2008, 12:17
If you want to open TWO instances of Skype at the same time in one account on windows, press SHIFT while opening Skype the second time and select Run as... and select another username.

Cheers!