PDA

View Full Version : Jobhunting Trip in Aus

NZScion
22nd Apr 2008, 11:39
Hi All,

I'm a (reasonably) fresh NZ CPL (A) holder currently beginning the process converting my license to an Aus CPL, and it is my intention to head off on a jobhunting trip to Australia, visiting as many places as possible and (hopefully) landing a flying job somewhere.

So far my list of places to visit are:
WA: Perth, Broome, Karratha, Kalgoorlie.
NT: Darwin, Alice Springs.
Qld: Cairns, Townsville, Mackay.

Are there any I have missed/should drop off the list? Is it worth showing my face around Brisbane/Melbourne/Sydney?

For a bit of background, I have 250TT, 30 twin, 115 PIC, Command Instrument Rating (Multi-Engine), plus I have passed my Gas Turbine Theroy Exam in NZ, but no instructor rating. I have time on PA34 and P68 Partenavia, plus various Cessna and Piper singles.

Any input is much appreciated.

Regards,

NZScion

yigy2
22nd Apr 2008, 11:50
http://www.afap.org.au/html/s02_article/article_view.asp?id=98&nav_cat_id=127&nav_top_id=73

aileron_69
22nd Apr 2008, 11:57
Go to Broome mate. King Leopold Air are sreaming out for pilots, as are Broome Aviation and I think Broome Air Services need some guys too. PM me and I could tell u a bit more

BrazDriver
22nd Apr 2008, 13:41
Forget about Perth and Karratha for the most part. Place to be is where the action is up north of WA. Don't forget the Kimberly and Kununurra! Good time of year.

NZScion
24th Apr 2008, 09:13
Cheers for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Konev
24th Apr 2008, 22:44
because fresh CPLs are being snapped up in aussie really quickly.

im considering aussie but will stay in NZ if i can, far less hassle in it.