PDA

View Full Version : Putting my money where my nose is

Loose rivets
22nd Apr 2008, 10:58
Library computer ... one nanno-second to type No corrections

A good while ago I pontificated about getting salt water into one's sinuses Over the last two weeks I have been in an abyss of pain...someone sitting on my chest and hammering a chissel into my temples.

After ver very silly conversation with a young "£$^$%^ of a female doctor on the night emergency line I went to the gp who put me on two types of anti-biotic O2 and Non O2 , and went home to more paracetamol.

I had had a large rear tooth out and the pain had gone from there and up the side of my face to the top She ONLY OFFERED ME A DENTIST'S TELEPHONE NUMBER OR A&E AT A HOSPITAL I COULDN'T POSSIBLY GET TO. "$^"£$W$%^

The rRivetess re minded me of my salt thing.

Serile warm water with salt...less than the sea ratio, and after hanging upside down a gently pressurising...I managed to get a ticking noise out of my left sinus. It ticked again as pressure came out. The relief was better than sex. But the right one took another two days. Incidedtally, I was squirting water out of my right tear drain...so that milk thing on telly is real.

AMEandPPL
22nd Apr 2008, 12:47
It's now nearly 2pm on Tues 22 April. When I last looked on here
this message had already had one reply posted. It's now gone.

How can this happen ? How safe are our thoughts here ?

gingernut
22nd Apr 2008, 16:37
Hey LR, get ya'self a surf board- it's more fun.:p

Be careful shoving anything up your nose without first asking a quack to look up your snazza.

Isotonic nasal saline is available from community pharmacists.

I did write a piece on sinus type conditions late last yr, may be worth a search.

Or there's always Fistral....... http://www.fistralsurfcam.com/:)

gingernut
24th Apr 2008, 19:55
maybe a good idea to restrict your enthusiasm to pm's lovethesky?:)

Loose rivets
28th Apr 2008, 13:57
Much better now. But it was "£$"£$^ing painful. Had it once before climbing out of LGW for Tunis. Thought the top of my head was coming off. But...once on the ground, the pressure dif was okay and all pain went.

My GP treated it seriously thank heavens, but the STERILE salt water thing I believe took days off the built up pressure.