PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Vietnam Air Pilot Union?

crl
12th Jun 2001, 17:05
Can anyone provide any info on Vietnam Air Pilot Union if there is one? If none is there any representative like an association or such? Any info leading to contacting them is greatly appreciated.
Rgds,
CRL :)

crl
14th Jun 2001, 06:07
Of all the ppruners in Far East corner there isn't even one that is remotely connected to any Viatnam Air pilots??? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif
CRL

Bob Hawke
14th Jun 2001, 08:38
Talk to Slasher. He's the only member of substance, I believe.

crl
16th Jun 2001, 01:05
Thanks bob, will try contacting him.

Kaptin M
16th Jun 2001, 01:20
crl, my old buddy from Questions! Viet Nam is a communist country, and as such I think you might find that unions are a no-no. However, as The Silver Bodgie (alias Bob Hawke) has stated, Slasher can probably set you on the right path with any info there.....he's had a few unions, but I don't think they've been work related - except to relieve him :) of several of his hard(-earned) Dong(er)s!

crl
17th Jun 2001, 23:03
Kaptin M,
On this one, thank you. Am trying to contact slasher to get some info for my friend.

Bob Hawke
18th Jun 2001, 12:12
Kaptin M,

I don't believe Slasher believes in unions anymore, since his foray into the Philipines, and subsequent narrow escape (and not with the Abyu Sayaf). He only indulges in associations now, equally satisfying, without the constitutional commitment.

I believe also, he is the only standing member during the association meetings.

[This message has been edited by Bob Hawke (edited 18 June 2001).]

Slasher
19th Jun 2001, 04:38
I saw there were 6 replys to this post so I didnt bother opening the thread thinking it had already been adaquatley answered to. Sorry.
Yeh theres no real union as such and more like a lose Company "asociation". There are unions here but not in the sense as we understand them. More for show as a facade to the UN and ASEAN and the commie government is in firm control of all of them.
There might be a pilot "union" down in Saigon but none here up north. Sorry I cant be anymore help as I havent realy investigated it.

crl
19th Jun 2001, 12:08
Thanks Slasher,
I had sent you an email earlier, guess you can ignore that now. Appreciate your info as I'm trying to get hold of a contact number or address to get in touch with the association.
Cheers,