PDA

View Full Version : CPL Air Law Exam Tomorrow Any Pointers?

ksa5223
22nd Apr 2008, 06:47
Any tips regarding the exam and / any info on areas they have been focusing on recently?

I have completed the bob tait prac tests without any issues, but I have a sick feeling I am going to be asked something random!

I have put about 100 post its through my AIP / CAO / CAR, for quick refs. :ugh:

airman1
22nd Apr 2008, 07:06
Ksa5223,

Don’t stress if you have been through bob tait you will be fine. Just read the questions carefully. Make sure when you look the answer up in the AIP/CAR/CAO you read on..... 9 times out of 10 the answer is hidden further down the paragraph.

Air law is relatively easy if you know where to find the answers in each document and cross-reference them to each other. For example I got a question on freight only charter for over water flights and I turned straight to the CAO's to answer it. But the answer was hidden in AIP's.

100 tags from memory sounds about right

Good luck

Howard Hughes
22nd Apr 2008, 07:18
Don't choke!;)

By the sound of it, you have it all under control, don't sweat it!:ok:

Matt J
22nd Apr 2008, 08:46
Let us know how it goes once you're done. I'm studying for mine so I can sit it in the next week or so. It's my last one. I've gone through the questions many times and have tagged the AIP/CAO/CAR. Not that many tags though. Only tagged the really important parts. I should probably do the less obvious parts but after going through the AIP in particular a few times I have a feel of where stuff is. You can use the index pretty effectively I find too. If you over tag it's hard to see all the tags. If you know roughly where it would be eg AIP GEN or ENR then you can use the index. I don't think the exam will be too rushed for time, esp when some questions will take only 30 secs or so to answer.

WannaBeBiggles
22nd Apr 2008, 08:52
Hi

read the entire question, and make sure you understand what exactly the question is asking (CASA love double negatives and making exams in to english tests!!!), then read all the answers, then jump in to your docs... you'll find the majority of the answers are verbatim copies of the regs.

Also, if you have Flight and Duty time rules memorised it will help you a lot.

It's not all that hard... just read the question.

Good Luck! :ok:

rmcdonal
22nd Apr 2008, 09:06
I found that if you go through the exam you will find a lot of the questions you will simply know the answer to (Comes from reading through the regs over and over), answer them first. Then answer the rest by referencing back to to your AIPs CAO etc. If you have spare time then check your answers against the regs. That way if you run out of time then all the questions are answered. Worked for me on both the CPL and ATPL exams. :ok:
And don't stress, Air law is one of the easy exams.

training wheels
22nd Apr 2008, 09:08
I made the mistake of having too many post-it stickers on my CAO's, AIP, etc for my ATPL Air Law exam .. it really made it hard to find the reference you wanted because the tabs were hiding behind each other! Doh!

amos2
22nd Apr 2008, 09:18
So, let me get this straight...you're doing an open book exam and you need help?

Strewth!...I think I'll throw up!

ksa5223
22nd Apr 2008, 09:57
thank you gentlemen, good input, and for amos2, at least I had no troubles with the hard subjects :-) (last exam)

I thought this exam would be difficult. Good to hear otherwise.

Ill report back with my KDR tomorrow :ok:

rep
22nd Apr 2008, 23:33
Your first two questions will be on duty time, and the rest are fairly straight foward. I had a few questions on classification of operations, and they word them confusingly :X

A question I know quite a few people got wrong is: your time measuing piece must be accurate to +/- how many minutes/seconds? The answer is 30 seconds :cool:. Its in the AIP somewhere.

Just ignore amos2, hes just a typical prrune ********!

ksa5223
23rd Apr 2008, 00:01
Cheers

88% :ok:

50% of questions were almost exact to Bob's practice exam Q's.

Howard Hughes
23rd Apr 2008, 11:08
Nice work, congrats!:ok:

airman1
23rd Apr 2008, 11:15
Good Stuff...... Well Done :D

amos2
23rd Apr 2008, 13:13
Onya ksa!...see it's easy aint it?

Hey Rep, lighten up man...you're taking life too seriously! :ok:

ksa5223
23rd Apr 2008, 22:30
Thanks guys, time to hit the Multi Engine and IREX book. :} ATPL's booked for June :ok: