PDA

View Full Version : QR Upgrade Interview

Low IN Fuel
22nd Apr 2008, 05:55
It was confirmed only 2 out of 20 interview for upgrade passed.According to the guys it was tough.

Xaxa
22nd Apr 2008, 06:46
Or just doing interviews for the sake of doing them...
"See, we are doing as promised, upgrades are continuing, too bad you didn't prepare well enough. Better luck next time". :ouch:

Some of the questions they asked were obviously ment to be unanswerable.

THR MCT
22nd Apr 2008, 09:13
As said it is easier for the cie to fail FO's than to tackle real problems eg keeping track with training and career improvement,have a close look at the beautiful board interview panel a selected bunch of wannabees who are doing the dirty job for their Masters that's the only way you became an astronaut in no time of course and with neither experience nor management qualifications.
in the meantime the GMFO is watching this bunch of ...:mad: ....distroying his 5 strs cie and giving them a standing ovation.
In no time they will realise that no more pilots are available all gone for greener pasturage just next door.
Only God knows may be Mister nine floor already pulled the safety guard for seat ejections switch than they will feel how cold is the empty space .
Best of luck to all of you.

loc22550
23rd Apr 2008, 07:28
..."no more "pilots" are available..."well depends what kind of pilots you are talking about....just go the Qatar airways Cadet pilot selection Thread and see how those people are desperatly waiting to come to Qatar airways....:ouch:

instruc231
23rd Apr 2008, 10:40
hi there soon all FO will go some where even if the $$$$ is less ..

salamalikum2
23rd Apr 2008, 14:14
Don't worry instruc231, the captains will follow the same way soon or later if it continues like that..,inflation,devaluation of the currency.., not everybody can afford this kind of situation...!

THR MCT
23rd Apr 2008, 14:38
Well the kind of pilots I'm talking about are those talent people I had the honor to fly with every day and night, trust them feel confident when I take my controlled rest feel they're really in charge for me no doubt they are already a good captains, for sure they managed to keep good marks on the sim checks, clean file during the last 4 years and when time came for rewards they just trashed them, just unfair but what I know in this life you will be treated the way you treat they others and get always what you deserve at the end of the day.

scorpio
23rd Apr 2008, 19:10
the correct info is that the current number of selected fos is 28 pilots divided into groups of 6 each , the first group did their interview and 2 passed out of 6,the second group 5 passed one didnt and every sunday they,re holding interviews till they finish these pilots as for the questions some are staright questions like srs,gs mini ,predictive and reactive windshear ,anti icing questions on the use of hold over time all basic except for a number of questions which are also basic but are from the time we were studying at flight school like great circle ,rhumb line tracks .occluded front ,they are not difficult but not expected .the major cause for failure is a lot of guys get so nerves they screw up and its not entirely their mistake when ur being interviewed by 5 chief pilots !!!!! 3 are enough i hope this info is usefull.;)

LIBYA_LION
4th May 2008, 14:23
is it truth that interview cancel this week and again last week?

oryxbollocks
5th May 2008, 05:23
Yes. Yesterday's interviews were cancelled due to "lack of interviewers of the correct status".

The previous Sunday's 'cancelled' interviews were conducted on Thursday and all 6 passed.

IMHO it's bad enough putting the command candidates through this process in the first place, let alone cancelling the interviews at the last moment. Surely the roster can cope with having the interviewers and interviewees together at the same time?

And a word of advice for you interviewers. How to take apart and reconstruct an Airbus does not make for a good commander. That's the mechanic's job.

GB