PDA

View Full Version : Hours logging question

cantw82fly
21st Apr 2008, 17:28
Can't seem to find the answer in LASORS....

I'll soon be starting a CPL course. Will the hours spent training have to be logged as PUT or will they be SPIC?

Makes a difference to the 100 hrs PIC needed for CPL issue.

All advice appreciated.

Deano777
21st Apr 2008, 17:39
P U/T

When you sit the CPL skill test you can log it as PICUS

D777

nick14
21st Apr 2008, 23:59
providing you pass,

you can only log SPIC time when flying IFR/IF training.

Whirlygig
22nd Apr 2008, 00:01
You can also log SPIC time when part of an integrated course, but that is not the situation here.

Cheers

Whirls

Prophead
22nd Apr 2008, 07:16
"you can only log SPIC time when flying IFR/IF training"

Does that include training for the IMC?

cantw82fly
22nd Apr 2008, 09:03
Thanks for replies.

My thinking was...during CPL training, I will only be flying VFR and already have a licence (PPL) for this. Why, then, can't I be SPIC as I would if on an integrated course? Seems a little unfair to modular guys....

Whirlygig
22nd Apr 2008, 09:07
Because you're not the Pilot In Command!!! You are a Pilot Under Instruction. There's nothing unfair about, it's fact! It is explained in LASORS.

The SPIC is used in different circumstances for integrated students; modular student have P1 a-plenty during their hour-building phase (or shuld have!!)

Cheers

Whirls

Mercenary Pilot
22nd Apr 2008, 09:24
you can only log SPIC time when flying IFR/IF training.

I don't think that's right. As far as I'm aware, training is logged as dual, whether IFR or VFR. SPIC is logged during successful flight tests. I think there is some SPIC logged during integrated courses but I'm out of touch with the rules regarding that.

Mohit_C
22nd Apr 2008, 09:35
I have a question regarding logging hours. I was told that any mistake done which is crossed out or tipexed means that the logbook is no longer valid. Is this true?

Sorry for going off topic, just saves making another thread for such a little thing.

felixflyer
22nd Apr 2008, 09:48
As far as i know crossing out is ok but tippex is a definate no-no.

I managed to mess up my log bok by adding up some totals wrong and had to cross out a load of totals. Sent the book of for may PPL and they never said anything.

I believe it tells you in the front of the logbook that tippex should not be used.

Blueskyrich
22nd Apr 2008, 10:30
Not too sure what the regs. say about Tippex, but my logbook went down to Gatwick a couple of months back for CPL/IR issue and by my reckoning, it has more Tippex than ink in it. Granted though, I've always used those ribbon-type things as opposed to the liquid stuff. I didn't have any issue at all.

Whirlygig
22nd Apr 2008, 10:41
I doubled the weight of my log book in tippex so it's not a problem. I now use crossings out as it is a bit neater. I also put the sub-totals in pencil until I've doubled checked my maths, then overwrite in pen.

Cheers

Whirls

captain_rossco
22nd Apr 2008, 10:55
If anyone does want to use tippex, use a tippex mouse, bloody god send I tell thee! Same look as the shiny pages in the blue loggys and the same white as the big jeppy.

Winner.