PDA

View Full Version : Air Japan - How Big ?

2XL
4th Jun 2001, 02:02
There does not appear to be a great deal of information regarding Air Japan on the ANA website. Have I been looking in the wrong place ? Can you provide me with further information or internet links ?

How big is this Air Japan 767 operation set to become anyway ? I have heard rumours of up to ten 767's, have you heard similar ?

eyes wide shut
6th Jun 2001, 05:31
I too are trying to find out more.
Have you tried www.air-japan.co.jp (http://www.air-japan.co.jp)
Unfortunately it is in Japanese, but you can put 2 & 2 together and work out the their flight timetable, but that's about all though.
On the ana website under media releases there is a thread on Air Japan outlining their business ideas. Have you seen it.
Would be keen to find out how many pilots they want?

Martin VanNostrum
7th Jun 2001, 05:12
Starting with 3 B767-300ER's from the ANA fleet. Growing to 8 in time. Based out of Osaka; however flights will be out of Narita as well. I guess that means they could require 6 crews (approx.)per aircraft. They are looking to employ both expat Capts and F/O's.

2XL
7th Jun 2001, 10:14
EWS - thanks for the Air Japan web site, shame it is all in Japanese for us english speaking/reading types.

Perhaps in time ANA will include more direct information on their main web site ?

Has the recruitment stopped for the Air Japan positions ?

eyes wide shut
8th Jun 2001, 00:43
2XL...After my last posting, I went back and tried to translate their website.
What you do is use the search engine
www.altavista.com (http://www.altavista.com) and on their front page click on the translate icon, top right, type in the air japan website address at the bottom and ask it to translate from japanese to english. It will now be in english revealing quite a strange site!!!
Yes, you would at least expect to see a link to their subsidery.
I have heard that they have stopped employing for now.

Edited for spelling

[This message has been edited by eyes wide shut (edited 07 June 2001).]

2XL
8th Jun 2001, 11:08
EWS - I am impressed. I translated etc and you are correct, there is not much information on the Air Japan web site yet. The words "work in progress" spring to mind.

At least there is a chance of keeping an eye on the site in English now so many thanks.

The proposed expansion should bring further pilot recruitment soon perhaps ?