PDA

View Full Version : Manchester 737 operators

300-600
21st Apr 2008, 11:56
Been through PPJN / company websites and my understanding is that Astraeus , BMI Baby and XL may be recruiting.

Can anyone in the know confirm this and offer inside info on what these outfits are like to work for.

I understand Jet 2 are only recruiting for NEW and Belfast?

Thanks in advance.

flan
21st Apr 2008, 16:03
Astraeus are not taking on any pilots for Manchester, we had our final flight out of Manchester yesterday I was on it and it was emotional.

The 737-700 are now on C checks and then are going to Olso and Stockholm to work for Sterling, so if you fancy that then they may well be worth a look at.

Variable rosters for the Sterling work looking at between one week on one off to two or three on/off. They call it a life style roster. New pay conditions coming.

Any other questions feel free to pm.

flan

RMC
23rd Apr 2008, 20:39
Have you thought about Ryanair? Pros and cons but if you want a Manchester base might be your only option.

Callsign Kilo
24th Apr 2008, 08:48
FR operate into MAN, however I'm pretty sure they don't have a base there. Liverpool is certainly a base opportunity

luddite
24th Apr 2008, 13:21
bmibaby may be recruiting the odd experienced fo over the summer but the chances of a MAN base are not good.

RMC
27th Apr 2008, 17:57
I was kind of classing LPL and MAN as the same (GSM used to have it as a dual base) only 20 miles apart on the map. Dangerous I guess putting scousers and Mancs in the same bracket...like calling a New Zealander Ozzy.