PDA

View Full Version : Current Oz Job climate

Brokenwingsx
21st Apr 2008, 10:45
Been OS for over a year and been a long time since I visted the DG forums however I am interested in what the job climate is in OZ at the moment, heard from a few that it's turned around and jobs are everywhere.
At last check I had around 1500/250 hours with MCIR but no ATPL yet and am looking at gettin back into the industry in Australia, most flying was in C400s when I left off. Curious what I should/could be aiming for as things sounds like they've changed in the last year or so.

Any insight/flaming is welcome.

Howard Hughes
21st Apr 2008, 10:53
Never been better!:ok:

Overseas? Sounds like you been on Mars to miss that news...;)

BAe32EP-Chief
21st Apr 2008, 11:00
Today at 10:48. Reason: sepeling

Good old Australian humour - Welcome back! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Trawler
21st Apr 2008, 11:09
Must be extremely good since SAPL, REX, Jet* and Qantaslink are holding roadshows in South Africa to get pilot's. Hopefully I'm on my way soon.

Metro man
21st Apr 2008, 11:18
You should be able to get a right seat on a decent turbine, Bras/Metro/Saab with a reasonably quick upgrade as long as you get the ATPL sorted out.

Night freight single pilot Metros is a possibility to log some decent hours while studying for your exams.

Locations should be alright, capital city or decent main centre.

Opportunities all around at the moment, but the better jobs will require an ATPL.

Mr. Hat
21st Apr 2008, 12:16
The conditions have improved with some turbine operators.

Jets the same overall.

Pappy Bovinton
22nd Apr 2008, 22:27
Just curious - How many 'BLACK SHEEP' are there out there?

ie. Aust & NZ pilots working o/seas becasue they are on the 'black list' in Oz/NZ eg. too experienced (A340 Capt unable to get an interview on A320)

Pappy Boyington
23rd Apr 2008, 11:12
I could be a "Black Sheep'!;)

Me thinks you can't spell...:E