PDA

View Full Version : Virgin - Flying Club

FormerFlyer
20th Apr 2008, 14:06
Hi
I've just had the greatest misfortune to use Flying Club to try to book reward seats on Eurostar - I'm off to see Kylie in Paris :ok: but no thanks to Virgin.

Originally told in early March the seats were booked, then called a week later to double check & what time the trains were - all confirmed. Then called them 2 weeks ago as wondering when I'd get the tickets - OH NO :sad: they're not booked sir, that booking was cancelled. After a lot of to-ing & fro-ing including the offer to book a later train (I declined as too late arrival in Paris), I huffed off, wrote an email to their cust servs & booked FlyBe from BHX instead.

I logon to Flying Club last night to check my miles balance - guess what they've deducted the amount required for the Eurostar :( so I email customer services and get an overnight reply to say that there is a booking!! On the blower to Virgin now, who keep insisting that the Eurostar is a flight (I've given up explaining the difference between trains & planes and that trains usually only end up inflight during a crash) - the declined offer of a later train was actually booked, but the bloke on the phone can't/won't cancel it gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

So I'm wondering if anyone has a contact or short cut to get through to someone of use who can actually action something today, or ASAP? The problem is that this reduction in miles in my a/c is preventing me from booking a couple of reward flights!

Frustrated barely covers it :*

cheers ;)
FF

PAXboy
20th Apr 2008, 22:15
Sounds bad. I've not had that kind of a problem in 20 years of flying with VS. The folks who seem to know a thing or two about the airline are:
http://www.v-flyer.com/

They are independent and nothing to do with VS, they just like VS.

FormerFlyer
21st Apr 2008, 01:30
Credit where it's due - I've never previously had trouble booking reward flights with any FF club, when said flight is operated by that airline.

This is the first time I've booked a "partner reward" & has totally put me off the idea of ever doing it again :*

cheers ;)
FF