PDA

View Full Version : mapa slackers

Iso
20th Aug 2001, 05:16
As useful as. Look at the representation we get from these slackers, nothing. Except looking after themselves. Suppose its ok to put your girlfriend on your flight as your wife. Is that ok? Not only personally currupt but associationally. No wonder no body wants to be member. Get rid of corrupt ones now.

Shintaro9
22nd Aug 2001, 10:03
This is all that's been left in the Association, right? People very capable of doing the things that you've mentioned unashamedly. 3 former presidents are with foreign airlines, 2 with KAL and 1 with CAL. On the management side 5 former chief pilots are with foreign airlines, 1 with KAL, 3 with CAL and 1 seconded to Asiana. And as for instructors, the better ones are serving Asiana secondment whilst the rest have resigned and joined better paying airlines. Sad state of affairs. As with the company, MAPA needs a revamp too.

Bob Hawke
22nd Aug 2001, 14:52
Iso, Shintaro, you are both right. They bleed the funds, run around the country crying about members that question them, then expect us to follow them regardless; unashamedly pathetic.

And they call this the management training grounds. What are they learning to do, I ask you? Me thinks the association needs a complete re-vamp. When does the new President take over? Not soon enough. Lets get rid of the fancy boys, and find people that are committed to the good of the company and the association.

Smoozesailing
23rd Aug 2001, 14:02
I couldn't agree with you guys more. We need good people running the Association.

If I remember correctly, the nomination forms are out. Why don't one or all of you step up and show us the way to Nirvana.

It is one thing to think of the ideal way of how the association should be run, it is a whole new ball game when you actually have to get down in the mud and actually run the puppy. We have many members who can contribute a wealth of information and knowledge but not one or be it a few who make that final step.

So where do we go from here? Give up all we have done? MAPA as a body has momentum and you can't just stop it in its tracks and turn the other way. If you say we need to revamp, how? How to revamp while the thing is still in motion? If any of you are really serious about this, get off the soapbox and do something about this.

This will ultimately be just a simple case of "Put up or shut up!". So what's it going to be?

Bob Hawke
24th Aug 2001, 04:20
Smoozie,

Well said, but it depends on who you are, doesn't it! Go and read a nice little book called "Animal Farm," by George Orwell and that will give you an idea of some the elitist thinking of MAPA.

My friend has tried to get "nominated" numerous times, and he was rejected because he is the wrong kind of animal. Lip service to such ideals is typical. Have you got any other suggestions then?? No? Why? Because you know full well what MAPA is about. And so do alot of its members, who are more and more becoming non-members.

You're right, all the same; I will excercise my vote accordingly.

Shintaro9
24th Aug 2001, 12:44
Smoozie,

Well ..let's put it this way. I think I am not suitable. And, there are better candidates out there. Also I am happy doing this role of commentating on day to day affairs, in the hope that it will provoke the right people go for it. I've got too many things on my plate and as such do not have the time and especially the energy to contribute the way you'd like us to. Maybe when I give up on instructing/checking, I may have time to pursue association work...big maybe.

As with Animal Farm (did that in Form 5 literature)everybody's got a role to play, even the guy on the soapbox.

So those of you with the charisma, personality, brains, energy, talents..etc..go for it. The people needs you. Smoozie, you sound energetic and smart, go for it. I'll nominate you.

Cheers....... :D

ace ventura
25th Aug 2001, 13:20
what else can be said guys, them mapa guys running the show seems to think it is an elite group.... ain't no one can question them. you either get told off or suspended from your membership.
just heard that mapa boys are thinking of calling the agm when the court case is still pending and hearing is fixed on the 28th aug.
ask salem whether he knows what he is talking about..... "we must always work with the management!!" heard this "wearing two hats" before or are you hiding form the LHR case!!!

kurmitola
25th Aug 2001, 18:29
Ha..ha..haaa...,
Did I warn you all before ? Salem, AIS, Am Bah, and the rest ? Elite group they are and if you are not "elite" enuf, dont say anything cos' we wont listen to your suggestion. Work with management...yeah of course. But why now the language have change ? Where are all that rhetoric Salem was shooting around before ? Criticizing the previous Exco and look , could not even do better than them. Sure he had laern some lesson from Camel on how to rule....this time the association...sadly. Careful boys or I'll get you membership suspended.

ace1
26th Aug 2001, 15:50
I dunno why you guys bicker so much about the whole thing, ain't it the same thing as the management, only thing mapa is the training ground for them boys to join the big league. :)
It was lucky coz' there was strong romuors then that mapa is doing a MBO on flt ops management and it fizzled out.... thank god coz' we'd be in hell if they succeed.
Salem,AIS and the new boy in town.... "BABU" they call him, are all the same.... a so called elite group but with nothing upstairs but lots of #$%@ downthere.
You guys better do something coz' you'd be dog meat oneday
:D

Shintaro9
26th Aug 2001, 17:04
Guys,

These kutus are all the same. First they accuse manangement clowns of abusing power and position and medling with rosters. These mapa clowns, aka management wannabes,are doing the same. Management.. "put me on this flight, I want off on that day to attend morning meeting.." Mapa.."put me on this flight, I want to be off on that day, mapa exco meeting". Sama aja, different hats.. :confused:

Way its going the next mapa pres might be the puppet of Pyg as he's "arranging" just that. Unless we members vote for the correct person for pres, it'll be just that. Vote wisely guys.

As it is I have no faith, confidence and trust in Salem, AIS and Babu-jee. Same goes for Pyg and the taliban kutu.

I believe due to the unsatisfactory work environement, our chances of making mistakes are elevated. As such we need to intensify our safety awareness to a level that ensures our flight is completed without any mishap.

Keep cool, dont be a fool, SOPs your tool, ah so! You're cool.

Sayonara... :)

PILOST
26th Aug 2001, 18:19
:rolleyes: Ho Hum.NATO (no action talk only) BOYS should be the new name for MAPA members & the EXCO that represents them!

Shintaro & Kurmitola, I will be the first to nominate you guys to represent MAPA.As it is, the present Exco was not even challenged by anybody!No wonder they are doing anything they want! :eek:

The malaise that we are in are caused by our own ignorance & 'tidak apa' attitude.Most of the guys that are capable to lead MAPA wouldn't want to coz they're afraid that they will be in a 'Catch 22' situation.Damned if you do & damned if you don't.Shintaro9 put it very nicely.I wouldn't want to let go of my cozy instructor's post for a 'hot seat' in MAPA either.

As for me I'm just like the other guys, being 'Monday Morning Quaterbacks'& hogging my productivity.

Life's a bitch & I'm enjoying the circus!

Safe Flying All!

:cool:
PILOST

Bob Hawke
28th Aug 2001, 12:06
Those that are - consummate the legacy.
Those that can - avoid the responsibility.
Those that are excluded - resign indifferently.

:rolleyes:

ace1
30th Aug 2001, 06:56
well said there Bob.... couldn't agree with you more. :D
thre's no point bitching about it when you flyboys know that MAPA is going down the dumps... let's not let the circus take over MAPA, do something to change!!!
Can't depend too much on the senior pilots coz' they've passed their prime, only one or two can be depended on.
Anyway.... some of them are not able to come in coz' pyg and taliban has been spreading words around that these guys are "sour grapes". But if you flyboys really care, then rally around and vote the correct people in.... doesn't matter what pyg says.
Pyg is so afraid that MAPA will do a fast one on him like what he did to camel, that's why he's putting all stops to ensure that "two hatters" or even NATO boys get voted in.
you are right there pilost, you all flyboys are getting too comfy on your seats.... hogging them productivity or even on the IPs post!!! :confused:
for once... just for once, do the right thing and get the right peolple in!!!

tigerwood
31st Aug 2001, 02:39
My summary about all these is you guys never happy with anyone who took the post in MAPA and Management. if you guys feel that MAPA exco not doing their job well, vote them out. it's within MAPA constitution, have petition. Call for an EGM. I'm sure if the majority agree, you will get them out. Otherwise, you are the minority. Sorry gang. Let's see anyone of you guys will take the task. Once, you got into MAPA, maybe you might get into Management and who knows, you might be the right person to do the changes. You might do better than the present one. Give it a try guys.

-a captain was struggling in the sim. during EFATO exercise on A300, the FE call "P.T.U. captain". The captain replied "don't pity me, do something!" :D

[ 30 August 2001: Message edited by: tigerwood ]

Smoozesailing
1st Sep 2001, 08:44
Shin, Iso, Bob,

Wrt the upcoming elections, you all have cemented your positions as chief talkers with no actions. Are you sure you're not already in Management? Call the office, ask how many people are running for election.

Nobody wants to listen to people who just talk but do not substantiate their claims. The fact is the masses don't care enough to get involved. They are just willing to give their subscriptions and let whoever it is running the place run the place.

Looks like if you want to rally the troops, you'll have to do it next year. ;)

PILOST
1st Sep 2001, 12:50
Or maybe Smooze, these are the ex management pilots! :D

I guess some of them are still smarting with the sudden drop from their ivory towers!Latest that I heard was that some of these ex management guys are trying to run for MAPA's office?Any news Smooze?

Another tactic that they are using is a smokescreen......blaming present & past problems with the new mangements!Yeah, right!Didn't they ever heard of the "same circus, different clowns" routine?

Well, I guess if you can't beat them, join em! :D

Safe Flying folks!

PILOST

[ 01 September 2001: Message edited by: PILOST ]

Bob Hawke
2nd Sep 2001, 16:20
Who says so Smooz, you been reading my mail? If you had, you would well and truely know what was going on. But you don't! In fact I doubt you have even read the constitution properly. Go and read that first.
Let me give you a hint. It's all to do with certain limitations. No not FTL, something else. Think hard, think deep, and it might dawn on you.

Whilst you pathetically toss around such a flippant challenge, bear in mind, that you do not engender any solidarity or support from alot of members. It is this baseless, shallow, self serving mind set that you have obviously accrued over your blessed years that leads you to the deluded and contempted idea that you, or MAPA are not accountable for yours/their performance. It is my money, my dues, my support of MAPA that makes it what it should be. It should be working for me and my fellow members, not anything else. Transparent accountability, isn't that a funny little concept, difficult to get your notional substance around, perhaps?

Now go and do some reading.

Iso
9th Sep 2001, 15:58
Betel Bob!