PDA

View Full Version : KLIA ATC

The Rage
18th Aug 2001, 21:32
What seems to be the matter with ATC Kul? Ever since the opening of the airport the ATC has been horrendous! They did a better job back when they were in Subang. What seems to be the problem, thats what I would like to know?
Spacing between departing aircrafts is too long and separation for arrivals is like 8-10 miles between aircrafts. This is on 2 runways! On single runways its even worst. I have been stuck on the ground waiting to depart and it took us 35 mins to get airborne when there were only 4 aircrafts ahead of us with about 5 landings in between. This would happen in London or LA or anywhere else in the world!
Maybe the guys in the tower are asking for more money so its another case of "work to rule", but I doubt it.
Trying to compete with other airports in the region is one thing, but I don't see how they are going get this going if the damn planes spend so much time on the ground burning fuel. LOTS OF DELAYS have been caused by this.
And for aircraft departing the same direction like KANTO and EGAMO, why can't we have a slot system, where who ever is ready first gets to depart first instead of the current, waiting for the other guy when he's not even ready yet.

QNH1013
18th Aug 2001, 22:38
Yeah, I've not heard anywhere else where not only do you get a clearance expiry time, but there is this thing where you are told to depart 10 min etc behind so and so. Even happens with clearances to Kinabalu and Kuching. Would any ATCO's out there care to explain this system? Can't see that happening at busy airports like LHR where you won't have a clue where this other aircraft is who you're supposed to depart behind of by a certain time limit.
Anyway, there are one or two particular guys that work Lumpur Approach that are really good.

Smoozesailing
23rd Aug 2001, 14:13
Remember when we operated out of SZB, the FAF was at KL at 2400(?)ft. Now the IAF is at 12nm at 4000' and all the STARs are designed around them. That makes the whole approach too wide and elongated. Why did they make such long approaches? And those timing problems at KANTO and EGAMO can really be resolved of BKK ATC got their radar coverage extended. :confused:

ace ventura
25th Aug 2001, 13:31
bravo again kl atc, them guys sure know how to do their stuff. small wonder other carriers are withdrawing from malaysia. the atc and clearances are so sophisticated that kl controllers themselves get confused sometimes.
ever heard of taxiway codings to taxi out or taxi in into the airport, first time in the world!!!
wonder if the klas tow tuckers of the SV a/c got themselves mixed up with the coding that they ran aground on the ditch!!!!!
bravo.... another feather in the cap for klia.

tigerwood
25th Aug 2001, 19:39
Pare, with regards to Kanto and Egamo requirement, kindly refer to Jeppesen Manual under NOTAM section. Unfortunately, these waypoints involve in what we called "No PDC", it means no pre-departure coordination. simply because of the adjacent FIR's that control other existing traffics. Flight level with be coordinated after take-off.