PDA

View Full Version : Paul Lyons Aviation???????????

mic310
20th Apr 2008, 01:56
Hi guy's. Thinking of doing a B58 Endorsment with these guy's, does anyone know much about them, or if they are recruiting 58 drivers? What are mins to get a gig? Any info would be great:)

bazza stub
20th Apr 2008, 04:49
Mate, do a search for Paul Lyons and you will find some other threads that will deal with the subject of what it's like to "work" for this animal. As for mins, can't help you there, but pretty low I recon.
Good luck! :ok:

BrazDriver
20th Apr 2008, 06:34
There is a pilot shortage at present you know?

You can't be that desperate!

mic310
20th Apr 2008, 08:17
BrazDriver is really that bad????????

Grivation
20th Apr 2008, 22:26
It's really that bad - I lasted less than 10 hours.

Strange, very strange :eek:

Jerrym
5th May 2008, 05:02
mic310,

I'm going to give you some advice that I hope will reach you in time. I worked for the above mentioned operator for 18 months, and was paid $24,500 for that whole time. That was including almost 6 months as his chief pilot.

(Deleted - Tail Wheel)

I got my 500 hours with flying his barons and granted, had a lot of fun, but there are much better operators out there. Oh, and he still owes me $29,288.80 according to the GA Pilots Award.

Hope you can find someone better to fly for.

CatTower
5th May 2008, 12:27
but it was ok for you to work there and get apid the dole?

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
5th May 2008, 13:44
Jerrym,

I do not know you, have no opinion in any other respect.

But I have absolutely no sympathy or respect for you as a peer, it was you that allowed all you have bleated about to happen.

$29,000 outstanding, what was that your outstanding holiday pay ?, that figure does not clock up over night.

It is because of morally flexible individuals that are out for themselves at any cost, such as yourself that allows dodgy operators to continue ( have not dealt with this operator personally, have no opinion ).

Why didn't you stand up for yourself when you were there ?.

Have lost count of how many losers I have met around the traps that spruke crap like, "Oh I needed to get my 500 mecomm", " I needed the total time", me, me, me, I, I, I, etc etc.

I got my 500 hours with flying his barons and granted, had a lot of fun, but there are much better operators out there.

If you do not act like a professional, do not expect to get treated like one, grow up.

Van Gough
5th May 2008, 14:15
Oh, and he still owes me $29,288.80 according to the GA Pilots Award

Jeez if I was you I would go and get it off the prick. Go and see a good lawyer...:ok:

FRQ Charlie Bravo
5th May 2008, 16:39
It is because of morally flexible individuals that are out for themselves at any cost, such as yourself that allows dodgy operators to continue...

Have lost count of how many losers I have met around the traps that spruke crap like, "Oh I needed to get my 500 mecomm", " I needed the total time"...

Hear Hear, LHRT!!!

I'm desperate to get my young family back to friends and family in the big smoke and I can still manage to say no to paying for a job or accepting sub-award pay (I did it thrice last week and now one company has upped the offer to a proper living wage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_wage)). Step up and put your money where your mouth is; no more paying to jump the queue to a jet job (staying at mum and/or dad's because for some reason all that rent money seems to go towards paying back the bank... or the parents), no more working for free sweeping hangars etc.

Yes do the hard yards but don't get taken advantage of.:yuk:

FRQ CB

Magichands
5th May 2008, 22:36
Ahhhhhhh, idealists, you gotta love 'em.

If you can be sure of death and taxes, you can also be sure the aviation job you turn down today will be a very attractive option for someone else tomorrow - sub award pay or not.

Many guys I know got great starts as hangar rats - good luck to them. They're not "losers", nor did they pay to "jump the queue". They did the jobs no-one else (at the time) wanted and it paid off for them.

I do agree that no-one should ever feel they are in a position to conduct illegal operations - walk away. At least readers of this thread know now there is another operator to steer clear of.

Jerrym, sounds like you've shrugged it off and moved on. Good luck!

RENURPP
6th May 2008, 00:20
I am with you LHRT.
Some of these guys do anything to get what they want, step on whom ever is in their road and then get on here and whinge like a poor little school girl, about how hard done by they were..

You got what you deserved.

Stand up for yourself at the time, because if you don't no one else will. I do not feel sorry for you. I feel sorry for the customers.

Magichands,

I see a difference between doing the job, accepting your position in life and moving on - and doing the job with a smile, quite prepared to break every rule in the book, and the moment you are out the door bleating about how hard done by you were.

Magichands
6th May 2008, 02:13
Bleating??

Warning a prospective employee of said operator to stay away after a bad experience.

Not sure how you put a positive spin on that.

tail wheel
6th May 2008, 06:19
Well, mic310, you have a range of personal opinions there, upon which to make a decision! :ok:

As the thread is headed south, I hope you don't mind me closing it before someone crosses "that line" ..... and gets us all in hot water! :eek:

Tail Wheel