PDA

View Full Version : Shame about RBA

DESCEND WHEN READY
6th Dec 2001, 16:50
I am a GA pilot in OZ, 20 years MECIR, Instructor with every ambitions of becoming an airline pilot. I have flown RBA a few time to Europe and I think the airline appears great as a potential place of employment. With one aircraft type and short to medium haul flights it appears too many wannabes in OZ and NZ that flying there would be a dream come true. Why is it that expats have to have jet time to be even considered while cadets don't. Will there ever be a time when DE pilots can apply with approx. 2000 hours about 500 multi and the hope of a great job?

COWPAT
7th Dec 2001, 15:18
G'day Oz mate,

The locals can join as cadets with no jet time because its their train set and they can play with it how they like.

As an expat DE pilot, there is no minimum hours requirement that I am aware of but we do need a UK or NZ ATPL with 757/767 type rating. We recruit thru Jack Priest at Rishworth who will offer you a crappy contract for one year. you then go onto the RBA contact proper which is much better, and providing you have 5000 hours total and are decent at your job, you can expect a fairly quick command.

The first A319 arrives in just over a year so you may be ok with an airbus rating.

Dont shoot the messenger, I never said it was fair.

I,d do a 767 rating if you are serious about RBA. A lot of guys have joined us with a whole 1 hour on type.

Good luck

Big Kahuna
8th Dec 2001, 13:53
COWPAT,

Good of you to tell it, how it is.

Here is Rishworths details.

Jack Priest
Rishworth Aviation
272 Parnell Road
P O Box 37 434
Auckland
New Zealand
Ph: +64 9 302 0080

Bob Hawke
14th Dec 2001, 05:02
Cow pat,

Alot has changed since that famous one hour requirement & type rating. You will need more than that now. Sorry to rain on your parade, but dem da fax.

Meanwhile keep at it. If not, look as if you know what your doing. It works in most places, particularly around here.

colt steel
18th Dec 2001, 14:52
Hey guys am really keen to try the luck with RBA but cant get the 767 rating from ANZ..have 5ooo Turbine NZ ATPL/Aus but none of the good stuff...any ideas from here??? :confused:

Obviously now after whats happened around the world and in Aus will have to wait ones turn...but how do you get in the cue if you cant get a 76 rating valued by the NZ CAA on your licence...hmmm

Big Kahuna
20th Dec 2001, 04:33
Why can't Air New Zealand do you a 767 type rating? Are they to busy?.

I would have thought they needed the money.

Try ringing the CAA and ask if they will accept any other 767 type rating. They may now accept one from Boeing again.

Good luck..