PDA

View Full Version : Any Spare seats?

Prophead
18th Apr 2008, 20:59
Hi

I am 31 & currently hour building for my CPL and have just started my IMC.

I was wondering whether there would be any opportunities to back seat on an IFR flight for an Air taxi/Bizjet/Cargo company to watch how its done. Obviously i wouldnt expect to do any flying but more than willing to load/unload and help out on the ground wherever i could.

My aim when qualified is to fly a twin or bizjet as im not that interested in the airlines (I know this is near impossible with low hours but i can try) . Having only ever been in an SEP VFR and airliners, im really looking forward to starting my ME rating and id like to see first hand what this kind of flying involves and watch the IFR procedures being carried out.

I know this is probably a long shot but im willing to travel anywhere in the south of England.

Regards

youngskywalker
19th Apr 2008, 09:37
Cant help you with that, but what I found was that the best place to get flights, meet crews etc is to work for a handling agent like Signature. It's a great way to learn the industry from all angles and if you work hard and are enthusiastic then I'm sure you will meet Pilot's who may let you go on an empty sector or a training flight. Also it's great for networking and building your contacts, this will surely be the key to finding future employment. All jobs at an airport are great for this, baggage handling, despatch, load control, check in and airfield operations etc. Good luck

Prophead
19th Apr 2008, 12:14
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the day job, mortgage, family etc. means i wouldnt be able to take on a full time job like that.