PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 2

dazdaz
18th Apr 2008, 17:07
Hi all

Downloaded the above yesterday, and I must say, much faster than my MS 6 browser and no freezing of web pages. Thing is, I had to turn off my firewall on XP for FF to run. Is this normal? Does FF2 come with a firewall?

My only 'gripe' so far is the spellchecker english (US) :, sorry, readers who live on the other side of the pond.:uhoh:

Groundgripper
18th Apr 2008, 17:34
For UK English go to:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:3#dictionaries

and download the appropriate dictionary.

As for the firewall, which one are you using? I've had no problems with ZoneAlarm (free version).

GG

green granite
18th Apr 2008, 18:08
Likewise no problems with FireFox and firewalls, normally a firewall should ask you if you want to allow a new program to access the web. Also you should be able to force the fire wall to allow it, which fire wall is it?

Keef
18th Apr 2008, 22:33
If the problem is with the Windows (Chocolate) Firewall, then I'd suggest turning that off and using ZoneAlarm.

ZA is a pain for the first few days, as everything that wants to access the innards of your PC or the internet gets flagged up. Answer each one "Remember - Yes" or "Remember - No" as appropriate, and it soon settles down.

dazdaz
19th Apr 2008, 08:49
Thanks for the uk spell checker link GroundGripper.

GreenGranite/Keef: All seems to working ok now, turned xp firewall on, firefox runs ok now for some strange reason:D

Thank you all for your replies.
Daz