PDA

View Full Version : JAA Class 1 in Canada

Captain Planet
18th Apr 2008, 16:40
Greetings folks,

A friend of mine is just about to convert her FAA commercial to JAA. She lives in Canada and does not want the hassle of travelling to a JAA state purely just to get a Class 1 medical.

So I'm just wondering does anybody know of any doctors/ medical centres in the Canada, more specifically, Toronto area who do JAA class 1 medicals??

Your help is much appreciated,
Regards,
CP.

preduk
18th Apr 2008, 16:42
You can only get a JAA medical in a JAA country I'm afraid. Someone may prove me wrong, but I'm pretty sure thats correct.

Shunter
18th Apr 2008, 17:19
You can only get an initial Class 1 in the JAA state, which I presume is what she requires. Renewals can be done anywhere you can find a suitable AME. Sad, but true I'm afraid.

2close
18th Apr 2008, 17:45
The other consideration is that she will need the medical from the State of Licence issue, i.e. if she's going to apply for a UK issued JAA CPL then she will need a UK (or Irish) medical.

Where is she doing the 'training as required' and JAA CPL Skills Test and what countries Theory exams has she sat?

I think we need a bit more information before we can offer good advice.

Captain Planet
18th Apr 2008, 21:16
She's doing the training in the U.S and in Ireland, she's also sitting the ATPL's in the U.s but will obviously have to do the IR in Ireland.

Your advice is greatly appreciated guys.,
CP.