PDA

View Full Version : "PPRuNe"

A300Man
18th Apr 2008, 15:18
It used to be simple and easy to log onto this site and browse the various threads on offer. Now it has become mandatory to "log-in" to be permitted further access to browse the threads. I am not sure why.

Now, not only do you have to "log-in", but one now also must re-type a further security screen by re-entering the "wobbly" digits that appear in the window alongside.

This is a great site and one that many of us consider as part of our daily life. I know only too well the complexity of operating, moderating and maintaining a magnificent function like this.

But, aren't the current log-on and "security" features becoming as difficult as trying to navigate the security process at LHR T3???

Perhaps a mod would care to enlighten us as to why the site access process has become so convoluted.

Thanks,
A300Man

leftseatview
18th Apr 2008, 15:50
Maybe they are picking on you,i got in same old way.
But keep up the goodwork anyway!
regards

Duck Rogers
18th Apr 2008, 16:06
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=323221

Basil-Fawlty
18th Apr 2008, 16:45
:=The attitude of PPrune Controller/Moderators is one of extreme arrogance. They believe it is their website and they can do whatever they like. I suggest that somebody out there should set up a website for aviators where people can login at any time they wish without being monitored by spies who can move or delete your thread whenever they like just because THE MODERATOR doesn’t like it, well tough. This website would not exist if it wasn’t for all those aviators out there, Nuf said:=

Safe and happy flying to all from Sybil, Polly and Manuel:ok:

Internationalpilot
18th Apr 2008, 17:36
and it is becoming slower and slower....almost impossible to browse.. I think ya'll need a bigger server.....

HundredPercentPlease
18th Apr 2008, 20:00
Basil said:

The attitude of PPrune Controller/Moderators is one of extreme arrogance. They believe it is their website

It is their website, not yours.

Basil-Fawlty
18th Apr 2008, 21:38
HundredPercentPlease (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=71667)

“It is their website, not yours.”:hmm:

I think your attitude proved me right, do not give me that crap again about individual right or PPRUNE democracy, go and sale it to the Bedouin.:*

Safe and happy flying to all from Sybil, Polly and Manuel:ok:
BF

HundredPercentPlease
19th Apr 2008, 11:36
Basil,

You appear to have some serious issues.

Why not follow your own advice? I suggest that somebody out there should set up a website for aviators where people can login at any time they wish without being monitored by spies

To help you get started, here are the links you need:

The forum software (https://www.vbulletin.com/order/).
A cheap dedicated server host (http://www.webhosting.uk.com/dedicated-servers-web-hosting.php).
A book on publishing law (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Publishing-Law-Hugh-Jones/dp/0415384273).

Please let us know the url.
Please let us know what rules or "spying" you will or will not impose, too.

Or alternatively, simply shut up and accept that someone else is providing the cash and effort to provide you with a place that you can publish stuff on the internet FOC.

A300Man
19th Apr 2008, 13:20
Thanks, Duck Rogers, for the explanation. It is greatly appreciated.

So, it seems that the added layer of security is because hackers are targetting the PPRuNe accounts of certain members!! I wonder who and why.........

Basil-Fawlty
19th Apr 2008, 18:17
HundredPercentPlease
You appear to have some serious issues.

Why not follow your own advice?

Actually you are the one with the serious issues. I do not give a to...ss, it's just a nuisance that you have to go through this bull...it every time you want to read something.

The story of some hackers trying to targtet PPrune website is a lot of baloney and I am afraid I don't buy it. If those hackers really wanted to do this, what is stopping them from registering and then doing what they intended to do??

This site used to be very good, funny and an absolute pleasure to surf but not any more.

I think the people on this site should submit their thread to THE MODERATOR before submitting it on this website.

As of today I am boycotting PPRUNE for a month and I encourage the people who oppose this new login nuisance to do the same.
:*
BF

helen-damnation
19th Apr 2008, 19:45
Perhaps you could recommend a good anger management course to Naomi Cambell :E

parabellum
20th Apr 2008, 00:23
You won't be missed Basil.

pjvr99
1st May 2008, 12:36
..... did I miss something????? The only time I've had login problems (in the
last year or so), was during the B777 saga. The server has even been quick
this last month. As to spying - BIG BROTHER is watching all of us ...

:E:E:E:E:E

EY346Driver
1st May 2008, 12:55
Perhaps Basil is not too "diplomatic" in his account but I'm with him, this new system is a nuisance and I fail to see why it's required.

Safe flying to all

Andi
1st May 2008, 13:33
A300Man,

had the same problems recently with login account.after few times everything back 2 normal.Server sometimes slow,sometimes ok depending on time.