PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in Honoruru.

Kaptin M
10th May 2001, 18:01
Would one of you SQ'ers please refresh my memory as to the hotel we used to stay in, in at Waikiki beach, please?

Also, can anyone recommend a good beachfront hotel that offers us an attractive airline rate.

Thanks in advance.

Slasher
10th May 2001, 18:56
KM I recall it was that same pub that the "Bookem Danno!" bloke appeared on Hawaii 5-0 openers. Cant remember the bloodey name of him or the pub though. Was it the Ala Moana?

Lee
10th May 2001, 21:50
Slasher,

Are you referring to Steve McGeratt of Hawaii 5-0?

KM,

You can't spell "Captain" and "Honolulu" properly. Maybe, it's the Ansett way!

Kaptin M
11th May 2001, 00:51
That's what I thought too, Slasher, but then I was told that that was the name of the shopping centre. Antone care to confirm or help out?

That's the way it's [HNL] has been pronounced since "Pearl Harbour", Lee! Ansett never went to Honolulu, and I doubt that their employees could AFFORD to now, with the AUD at around 50% of the USD. Oh happy days!!!

Whiskery
11th May 2001, 03:11
Such short memories Kap - it was the "Ilikai" Hotel !

Kaptin M
11th May 2001, 03:58
....and that name rings a bell too, Whiskery, thanks!

btw, do I know you????

"The bad news, KM, is that you have Alzheimer's - the good news is you'll soon forget about it!"

stable approach
11th May 2001, 09:50
Kaptin,
It was the Ilikai that Steve McGarret was standing on top of,and that was where the QF crews stayed. The MAS, and I think SQ, crew stayed at the Ala Moana Hotel, which was next to the shopping centre of the same name.
P.S. Try not to nick the posters off the wall outside the restaurants this time, or old Steve and Danno could get you.

Whiskery
11th May 2001, 14:52
stable approach - SQ did stay at the Ilikai. The QF crews stayed there also, but were housed in the west wing. (up -market side of the pub) ALPA-S reckoned the west wing was newer but our rooms were larger. Size matters - you know!!!! Who givesa...
It was the tarts (sorry, - the Singapore Girls) that stayed at the "Always Moaning!"

Kaptin M - yes, we have met. In the words of that great band Dire Straits, Communique album, track 1 (one) "Once upon a time in the west (5:14)"

Keep the faith :]

edited for typo!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Whiskery (edited 11 May 2001).]

Slasher
11th May 2001, 15:53
Thats right. The Ilikai. Had the name on the tip of my tongue but didnt have a mirror handy to read it!

Yeh Lee it was Steve McGarrett.

And yeh the Ala Moama was that shopping area where I could get my Levis for only US$15 a pair.