PDA

View Full Version : Rwandair

long-courrier
18th Apr 2008, 14:04
Apparently they ceased operations because their ( unique? ) aircraft have been ceased.

As SAA is their partner, should SAA fly to KGL BJM ( etc ) by themselves or stop partnership?

Avionics2
18th Apr 2008, 15:18
they still operate...from hkjk with hired boats from Jetlink's CRJ 100.heard their system does'nt allow foreign airlines to operate in Kigali:ugh:

rodmur
19th Apr 2008, 09:01
Expect air Uganda to fly Entebbe Kigali JNB SOON

2008icarus
25th Apr 2008, 08:54
Apparently codeshare between Rwandair and KQ has been suspended. Titus Naikuni explained the reason as Rwandair's use of Jetlink's CRJs. Rumours have it that Rwandair is seriously looking for a nice used B737-300.

ERASER
25th Apr 2008, 11:37
Well, their B735 is still standing on FAJS in SAA Technical without an engine.........maybe if they get a engine they might resume flights with the B735....or is this a/c going back to the owner?

E

JTrain
29th Apr 2008, 18:37
I don't fully understand Rwanda's screwy logic for aviation and sub-contracting.

I believe they had been contracting out the Kigali - Johannesburg flight at various points, at first it was operated with an MD-80 series aircraft and then a 737.

For someplace that is marketing themselves as progressive in East Africa, Rwanda also makes it exceedingly difficult to obtain overflight clearances.

Didn't SAA used to do some sort of JNB - KGL - EBB - JNB route a couple years ago?

2008icarus
2nd May 2008, 09:25
SAA pulled out of the JNB-EBB-KGL route sometimes in 2006. My guess is that they were picking very few pax at KGL so they decided to "codeshare" with Rwandair. Rwandair now flies KGL-JNB and KGL-BJM-JNB and codeshares with SAA. But SAA still flies JNB-EBB!!! Smart move!! Since the few pax they were picking at KGL can still fly with Rwandair and Rwanda as a country is happy that its national airline managed to muscle out a big carrier like SAA!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha.

9XR-SC
4th May 2008, 12:46
Hi

I heard that BruAir is still considering to invest in Rwandair. Dou you have news about this??? And what are the plans for Meridiana about Rwandair ???

Cheers

9XR-SC

2008icarus
5th May 2008, 12:18
Last i read about this was in april 2007 where both Meridiana and SN Brussels had been shortlisted.
However, the then CEO, Mr Manzi (who was by the way arrested last month for mismanagement of the company) said that they were looking for a partner that will grow the airline. Rumours are that Rwandair management and board wanted a partner that will bring in new generation aircrafts (Boeings or Airbuses) not Avros or MDs.

bubba718
13th May 2008, 17:32
Well I know that SA Karim Agha Khan , owner of Meridiana and Air Uganda , is buying Rwandair . Maybe can deliver Md 87 that are in Olbia to be preparred or brand new Crj 900 . Theese are the info that I have. I dont know if are correct . I know only that in Olbia we have a lot of Md 87 to be converted ; one is for Air Uga , another for Air Burkina ...but we have more 4 .
Bye Bye:bored:

2008icarus
14th May 2008, 13:19
The last I heard about Meridiana investing in Rwandair was early 2007..April or May. Since then its been very quiet. Is that still on?
SN Brussels already invested in HBO..AirDC (owned by SN and HBO) should start operations soon. I think Rwandair is in deep trouble due to the expected competition on all their routes and yet at the moment they dont even have an AC. PW, HBO, AirUganda, Air Tanzania, Fly540, Jetlink are all interested in their routes (KGL-NBO, KGL-EBB,KGL-JRO,KGL-BJM) Not to mention that KQ's codeshare now is history so KQ is minting cash on the KGL-NBO route.
Rwandair was very well placed since they had no competition at all on their routes but not anymore.

9XR-SC
17th May 2008, 11:18
Well I know that SA Karim Agha Khan , owner of Meridiana and Air Uganda , is buying Rwandair

In 2007, when Air Burkina taken delevery of its first MD-87, Skyliner announced that Meridiana will be the new Rwandair partner. Unfortunly, that no the case.

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:exBhrywYZBcJ:skyliner-aviation.de/showphotos.main%3Ffrom%3D156%26SkyID%3D20f74020738dc01e39818 a16739c454c+I-AFRA+MD-87&hl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=9&gl=fr

About BruAir, they have created new airline with HBO, instead of Rwandair. But they recently announced, that they would help Rwandair. Maybe due to the difficulties, to create airline with HBO???

L-13
19th May 2008, 19:46
hi everybody,

i have not much info on rwandair express but does
anbody gotta an idea on the minimum requirements for Rwandair?

i'm still in flight training and almost finished, so already looking for possible jobs

Are they besides rwandair express, silverback cargo freighters and akagera aviation(helicopters), what are there min requirements.
any preference in licences JAA or FAA?

any other companies or small commuters?

thank you

9XR-SC
24th May 2008, 05:29
Rwandair opens a new domestic route (Gisenyi). Flights will start in June.

source: www.rwandair.com (http://www.rwandair.com)

Cheers

9XR-SC