PDA

View Full Version : Info for Aloha/ATA B737NG Captains

Nevrekar
18th Apr 2008, 03:16
For those of you who have been furloughed and are looking to get back into the cockpit as a direct entry Captain, Spicejet Ltd, in India continues to hire.
I am an expat contract pilot (been here 1 yr), former FAR 121 (ALPA etc).
I have been a victim of several Chapter 11 situations as well and so I know that you are going through a difficult time.

The big advantage of applying to Spicejet is the flexible ON/OFF terms that you can negotiate. Many are on 1 month ON/OFF schedules. You will fly 100 hrs or more a month on average and fly 6 days a week. Hotels and transportation are paid for. Your leave time is unpaid, and so most like to fly maximum.

We have guys here from Delta, AirTran, SunCountry, Continental, American, Southwest, Alaska, Qantas, Korean, ARAMCO etc etc. Chief Pilot here is Jack Ekl, fomerly CP/DO at Southwest Airlines and former USN Blue Angel #5.
Contact Jack at [email protected]. You can mention my name if you wish. You should get a response within a few days at the latest.

Hope all are employed somewhere soon. Other Indian NG operator to look at:

1.JetAirways, India (Established, professional outfit, much larger than Spice)
Best of my knowledge they do NOT offer flexible ON/OFF terms.

Nevrekar
18th Apr 2008, 06:49
Didn't mean to leave the F/O's behind. If you are an F/O on the B737NG with a PIC type rating, Spicejet might also consider you. The catch is that you would need PIC time in other EFIS or large jet aircraft (727,757 767 etc).
Many of you do b/c you are retreads from other carriers. You will have to get 100 hrs of IOE here. The preference will be given to Capts, but just to let you know that there is this option as well.

Nevrekar
20th Apr 2008, 12:01
I have getting quite a few emails regarding Spicejet,Ltd and I am happy to help my fellow aviator in need of employment. I have been furloughed several times in 20 years of airline flying and I understand the dynamics involved. The last thing I know everyone wants to hear is "You aren't a real airline pilot until you have been furloughed." You need to find work and fast. No ALPA magazines, subcriptions and lip service. Show me the money!!
For the record I am just a contract pilot like the rest and am not affiliated with any agency or the hiring department here at Spicejet, Ltd. In other words, there is no financial or other incentive for me in suggesting Spicejet. If I knew of any other openings I would post them as well. If I am able to help a few folks out in improving their job situation then my work is done. It's that simple.
Many of you have mentioned someone named Capt Bob Murray who is also handling Spicjet, Ltd. as an agency (AAA). I do not know of this individual or the agency in question, nor am I discouraging anyone from going through him. When I came here I applied directly to Spicejet, without any agency involvement. In anycase I think going through an agency should not cost the applicant. Usually the employer pays the fee.
If you have any other general questions please post them here so that I can answer them. Best wishes to all.

Capt Nevrekar