PDA

View Full Version : Licensing Question?

Currymonster
18th Apr 2008, 02:02
Guys/Girls,

I passed my ME/IR on 9th November last year.. Due to wx and other problems I have not yet done skills test for CPL but hoping to do so within the next month. I have consulted LASORS tonight and dont know whether its because I am working nights and tired but I dont seem to be able to get the information I am after..and what I have I am not 100% with whether I am right or not..

Appreciate anyone with any knowledge of these matters.

I think that The ME rating needs to be added within 6 months of the test date? If so I need to get it sent in soonest regardless of whether CPL is completed before 9th May..

Also from the charges section, I am reading that it will cost £111 to add a second rating (ME) to my PPL?
And secondly it will cost £111 to add an Instrument Rating to my existing PPL?

To add the Night Rating I am reading £80, but I am sure that I have either read or heard that when submitting more than 2 additions you have one free?

Additionally, when I apply for my CPL when test passed, I assume I havent got to pay for the bloody lot again, and that I would just pay for the initial issue of the CPL, now this is where more confusion ensues as it states that it is £221, but this includes an IR when the application for both are made

Appreciate any replies..

Finals19
18th Apr 2008, 13:00
The £111 for each rating to your PPL I believe is correct.

£221 for the CPL will get you the licence plus your ME and IR rating on it too.

CPL is inclusive of night rating, so the £80 fee would only be if you wanted it on your PPL.

Best option is to not bother adding anything to your PPL and try (know that is tough in the UK with our wx!) to get the CPL test done by May 9th - one stop shop of £221!

Currymonster
19th Apr 2008, 12:09
Thanks for the reply.. much appreciated..