PDA

View Full Version : Air Service Gabon

Harmattan96
17th Apr 2008, 20:59
Hello all,

I am considering employment with Air Service out of LBV (FOOL), any info would be welcomed. If one of you happens to work there already, I would be eager to talk to them, PM please. Looking to get the skinny on the operation, maintenance, and somewhat of a market outlook and QOL for Libreville and Gabon overall.
Thanks in advance.

Harmattan96
18th Apr 2008, 19:13
Anyone, anything... pretty please...with a cherry on top!

Lynessa
20th Apr 2008, 19:05
stay away from anything in Gabon.
Many of my friends have worked in Gabon for several operators. None with success.

Harmattan96
21st Apr 2008, 05:42
Sounds like a blanket statement.
Care to elaborate, who, with which company, and most importantly when?
What is their definition of success?

Lynessa
21st Apr 2008, 17:36
Gabonese get success from screwing foreighn Operators and Pilots.
I have yet to meet a foreighn Operator or Pilot that has not been screwed by any of the Gabonese Operators, especially in Libreville.
La National
Air Services Gabon
X Air Gabon are but to mention a few.

FCKNG AIRTAXIMAN
28th Jun 2008, 21:35
ALL AIR SERVICE MANAGMENT SUCKS
EX DIRECTOR OPERATION MANAGER BRUCE FLYNN WAS IN JAIL FOR A WHILE BECOUSE PERSONAL DOCUMANTATION PROBLEMS WITH GABONESE CIVIL AVIATION, THE UNBELIEVABLE THING IS THAT THE COMPANY CONTINUES GIVING SUPPORT TO HIM WITH A NEW POSITION AS SHELL DIRECTOR MANAGER:ugh:
GENERAL DIRECTOR MANAGER DOES NOT BUY SPARE PARTS FOR THE AIRPLANES:ugh:

EXPAT PILOT ARE WORSE PAID THAN LOCAL PILOTS:confused:
EXPAT SALARIES ARE ACCORDING TO THEIR FACE AND EXPERIENCE.:sad:
IT SEEMS THAT THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT EXPAT ARE GOING OUT BECAUSE OF ALL THIS SH.. AND THEY ARE STILL ASKING WHY WE CAN NOT GET PILOTS!!!!:{
AND IF YOU GO THERE GET YOUR SALARY BEFORE GO TO YOUR VACATIONS OR YOU WILL NEVER RECIVE IT;)

dakotanorb
29th Jun 2008, 21:28
Air Service has to many aircraft.
This is all for the benefit of the managing director.
He is the owner of EUROS, the leasing company that leases the planes to Air Service.
It works like this: More aircraft, more bucks for the director,
Shell and Bongo end up to pay the bill.
The only pipes of this outfit is to fill the pocket of the Director in Luxembourg:yuk:
Bruce is the only guy there that can make it work and all the bull about him in the news here is the normal Gabon Congosa.
The Gabonese hate responsibility and will blame anybody for anything.
It is a shame, this company could do so well with the right responsible people!
Fly save:ok:

FCKNG AIRTAXIMAN
29th Jun 2008, 21:58
Bruce is the only guy there that can make it work ??????LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL LET ME KNOW BEFORE BRUCE FLYNN DID AIR SERVICE HAVE SHELL CONTRACT??? BRUCE IS A SON OF...:mad: ...HI IS ONLY MAKING ITS OWN BUSINESS WITH AVIONCO, NO STD OPS. PROCEDURES BECAUSE OF HIM, EXPAT GOING OUT BECAUSE OF HIM, ETC,ETC...
I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT OTHER THINGS BUT NOT ABOUT B F!!!:=

DHC
30th Jun 2008, 05:25
100% agree with FCKNG AIRTAXIMAN ! :ok:

Bruce is an i***t

dakotanorb, stop to give blow job to Bruce, you are probably on the CRJ due to that, I understand why you like him :hmm: but if you were flying for another company before (you were ???), a guy like Bruce will be fired a long time ago. He give such hard time to ALL Air Service 's employees... except dakotanorb and 2-3 other pilots he needs to support him.

Get your money before going in vacation !!! :\

Cheers !
DHC

Harmattan96
6th Aug 2008, 12:55
Well, looks like Air Service made it to the E.U. black list. I hear that airplanes are being recalled by their owners, concerned about both the financial situation of a company who could not pay it's employees for the first half of July, and the operation of their assets within black listed airspace and runways.
Is that smoke on the horizon, or can smoke be created without a fire now?

Jimmy Buffett
7th Aug 2008, 19:47
Stay the @#$%$ away , you can be fuc#$% without lube if you are into that , and that will be either by one of our over payed FO's who dont know a thing about aviation or how to fly for that matter or by our friend Mr , Flynn . Who is still in charge behind the scenes (mother :mad:).It is true if you want the CRJ you better give good head . Its all who you know and who you blow . :ok: What a bunch of :mad:ers .Can anyone tell me of another company where FO's make more than captains ? what a crock .

lynazeina1
7th Aug 2008, 19:57
Hi everyone,

I would like to apply for Air Service Gabon. I am First officer on CRJ 900 with 2200 hours.

Any help is appreciate!!!:ok:

macflyer
11th Aug 2008, 00:22
good luck buddy

Harmattan96
11th Aug 2008, 09:24
Lynazeina1, you are not reading those posts right.
There will not be any CRJ before long, as a matter of fact, there may not be any aircraft left at all.
This company will survive as it is a national necessity to cater to a few of the oil companies raping this beautiful country of Gabon. Nevertheless, there will not be any CRJ's here; just as Camair in Douala could not manage their CRJ's for more than a year, Air serv has not been able to do accounting properly for them either. The net result is that those are leaving.
This is just like the horse races, we're taking bets! My latest prognostic, by September there will be two -8, and one -6, and a whole lot of people without a job!
And as far as the local FO's making more... I hear they have just made management sign a pilot contract that would put to shame Captains flying 777 with a global carrier; with a monthly reserve endorsed at 50 flight hours, even in the 60's life wasn't this good!!!

Bandagg
14th Oct 2008, 12:05
CRJs are gone and things are in a mess at Air Service, but they still have Twin Otter and Dash Eight. Go direct! You do not need Avionco and will have a better chance of getting paid that way.