PDA

View Full Version : less paper in the cockpit

avionneta
17th Apr 2008, 17:20
dear all,
i'd like to know whether exist companies flying airbuses under JAA regulation that have approval to use a complete on board electronic documentation, I mean all the documentation on laptops, including approach charts, sid, star, etc...
thanks

Bad Robot
19th Apr 2008, 18:42
Wizz Air do, including the Perf calcs too.:ok:

BR.

sweetie76
19th Apr 2008, 20:34
Great until the arrival into CIA is changed completely at the last minute. An unseemly rush for the light pen is no substitute for a well-placed paper chart!;)

sweetie76
19th Apr 2008, 20:37
Great until the arrival at CIA is changed completely at the last minute. An unseemly rush for the light pen is no substitute for a well-placed paper chart!;)

avionneta
19th Apr 2008, 21:57
wizzair is not under jaa reg

OPEN DES
20th Apr 2008, 00:47
Buenas,

I am not 100% sure. But I think Air Berlin has a full electronic flightbag, at least on the A320 fleet.

In easyJet we have got FCOM, MEL, PERF and W&B on a laptop.
We still carry paper-charts.

Denti
20th Apr 2008, 07:40
Yup, as far as i know our airbus fleet is paperless if you talk about documentation, performance, charts/airport plates, certainly not if you talk about the required paperwork.

The boeings still carry paper documentation and i have to say it is a whole lot more than back before we joined the happy "less paper concept", now more adequately dubbed the "more paper concept".

The basic requirement to get rid of the paper on board is dual FMC and dual independent EFB installation. Which makes it kinda impossible for the boeings as long as we still have a few classics in the fleet.

Operational procedure even on the boeings is to not use the onboard paper documentation but only the available electronic version on our EFBs. However most colleagues still prefer to use paper charts over the bulky EFB (http://www.drs-ts.com/hammerhead.htm) thing that we are not allowed to use below 1000ft anyway.