PDA

View Full Version : Inda expat flying: Indigo or Go Air??

Pilotsmirk
17th Apr 2008, 14:07
I am an A320 CA considering going to either Indigo or Go Air. Would like to hear for a Ca commuter form the USA what one is the better of the two to work for?

Their contracts are very close to the same
Go Air
10,000 per month NET (80hrs) 6,000 Bonus at the end of each 12 month term

8 weeks on / 2 weeks off 24 days a year leave on top of that

Indigo 10/3 No leave offered
Indigo about $9100 a month 80 hrs NET

Thanks

Iver
17th Apr 2008, 14:22
Do they offer housing? What other benefits? I like the time off offered by Go Air package - that is certainly attractive.

Pilotsmirk
17th Apr 2008, 15:26
Yes they both offer the same covering the cost of housing either in full of by giving you the money per month to find your own. All transport is included to and from the airport and one ticket from hom to india at the start and end of the contract.

newcomer
17th Apr 2008, 16:42
A friend of mine is at Indigo at the moment, did the course with CAE, done about 400hrs on the A320, but has been told that In Sept he must leave has the Indian Government are getting rid of all Expat FO's.

avionneta
17th Apr 2008, 17:08
at goair you have to take care, including costs, of your medical, licence renewal, tickets during days off.
go air is a small company, not very well organised but it is acceptable. roster is quite unstable and you know the day before what you do the next day. you fly 100 hours with around 21 to 24 days on a month. it is quite feasible. I know that indigo, you fly always at the hours limit, 125 hours a month I think. more standardized
as captain you must ask at go air, the best company for gross salary, minimum of 11 000 usd, the rate for a captain when the euro/usd was 1.47, now it is 1.58.
nice accomodation and transport provided.
this said indian cities are awful. noise, traffic jam, dirtyness, dust, streets & blvds full of potholes, no green area, nothing to do not to say anything about the climate and the monsoon sesaon. really not a place to be. being there is sacrificing one's life for some money, not high money.

jacjetlag
21st Apr 2008, 03:30
As an added plus ,you get to swim in the Ganges with all your new friends.:ok:

MDDog
20th May 2008, 15:08
I'm talking to someone now about a CA contract for Indigo and the pay is $13500/mo plus $1500 housing and one round trip ticket a year.. taxes paid in india leaves a net of $9000 as cash pay for 80 hours. They'll base you in Bangalore which is a lot nicer than some cities.

Is GoAir a better deal than that? And if so, where do I apply?

MDDog
21st May 2008, 13:27
Gromgutten... beside pay is there anything else that makes Indigo worse? What sort of roster can one expect, is it a call the day before? or a month in advance type thing?

I am former SX myself and there are some of us doing this.. some of us, such as my self never obtained any PIC in the 320, but have the PIC type rating so we're waiting on final DGCA requirements for the 0 time PIC "Trainee" program.. There are at least 3 others I know that meet the PIC requirements that are going.. but I don't think 15 is in the pipeline.. not from what I'm finding thru talking with former peers. China and the ME seem to be the places of choice for the majority of those considering overseas.

The contract I've laid eyes on seems to have a better schedule than the one talked about here.. with a 10 and 4 rotation, or 6 and 2, or 44 and 8... I'm not sure what else is different on it.

check your PM for more..

Holycow
1st Jun 2008, 05:48
I would think twice about Kingfisher, rostering there is absolute chaos, nothing you have seen before, no privat life