PDA

View Full Version : what are the chances in SIN

jfly
29th Jul 2001, 14:51
1000 hrs Dash-8 Lufthansa Cityline-group ...

I would like to move to Singapore, what are the chances to go to Silkair or other airlines over there, since employment for foreigners at SIA doesn´t look too good in this forum.

twitchy
30th Jul 2001, 05:09
hey a330 no they have waved that requirement of heavy command time, now any tom dick or harry will do, don't you know there is soooooooooooooo much shortage on every fleet. Last I heard that one does not need to have international experience. If you have 7000 hrs PIC on any jet and about 3000 hrs on machine like B737-200 between Jakarta and Surabaya will do.........you know one has to change FIR boundry on this route......so this is enough :D

thegypsy
30th Jul 2001, 08:43
jfly Silk Air is SIA's low cost airline so is even worse than SIA. What other Airlines in Singapore??? Get real,have you seen the size of the place?? Expats F/O's not wanted in Singapore as they have a factory in Australia churning out F/O's by the hundreds.

New York Pilot
2nd Aug 2001, 02:01
Jfly,

I highly recommend you read within this forumn from March the posting "Thoughts from an almost SIA Pilot" before you proceed any further.

SIA is of the opinion that they can do anything they want and people will still want to fly for them. Somehow, I just do not feel that way. Good luck!!!