PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know if there is anwhere but Gatwick that you can get your Class 1?

cliocraig
16th Apr 2008, 20:28
I live in the North East of Scotland and want a class one JAR medical, but Gatwick is slightly out of my way. Does anyone know of anywhere else you can obtain one? Cheers :ok:

Found the answer to my question. Anyone else trying to find out, go to;
http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=49&pagetype=65&appid=21
Put in the first 2 letters of your postcode and it will tell you.

Thanks.

SOTV
16th Apr 2008, 20:34
As far as I can gather. No.

So budget for a return flight/train (Scotrail do good offers on the sleeper service) maybe a night in a hotel and over 300 notes for the medical. Not a lot of change from 500 there.

AMEandPPL
17th Apr 2008, 07:47
The link you found certainly allows you to find your geographically nearest AME, but sorry to tell you this only applies to renewals of existing Class 1 medicals.

ALL initial issues of JAR class 1 certificates in the UK have to be done at Aviation House at Gatwick. There are a few tiny exceptions, such as those converting from Class 1 certificates in other countries, and some recent ex-members of HM services, but these probably don't apply to you.

Start saving for the train fare to Gatwick . . . . . . . . . !

And good luck with the medical !

cliocraig
21st Apr 2008, 17:36
Thanks. After editing my post i realised i need to go to Gatwick.

2close
22nd Apr 2008, 06:19
It may be easier and / or cheaper for you to go to Dublin and obtain an IAA Initial Class 1 medical which is also accepted by the CAA under their reciprocal agreement (but verify that with the CAA IN WRITING first).