PDA

View Full Version : Prospects for low time pilot in Middle East

K2
14th Sep 1999, 14:14
Hi,

I've just acquired an Australian CPL, and am midway through a Multiengine CIR. Could anybody give me an idea about prospects for someone like me in the middle east?

Thanks

------------------
K

ironbutt57
18th Sep 1999, 10:03
without any experience on an operator's aircraft..chances of employment are not that goos, however things over here seem to be somewhat based on a who you know system to a certain extent..

K2
18th Sep 1999, 12:17
Ironbutt57

Thanks for the reply.

I've heard much the same. Also heard that the airlines hire only Nationals, but the charter operators are more open. Is that true.

------------------
K

ironbutt57
19th Sep 1999, 01:15
for sure the jet carriers hire low-time nationals as "ab initio" or cadets..it's hard for them to bring in outsiders, when they have nationals with the same experience levels, some expat f.o.'s do exist, but not without a type rating and some time in type..sorry no more positive feedback to offer...expat cadet opportunities pretty much dried up about 9 years ago...dhl and falcon express operate 1900's and metro's, but expats come with time in type....

Bengwa Pilot
21st Sep 1999, 09:01
Greetings..those in the land of BMW's and Oil wells....

I've been trying to get intouch with the cheif pilot from Falcon Express for a long time but still no go...

I have 1700hrs and 700 turbine as an FO on Otters with Aussie Licences and ATPL subjects and would really like to mabey get a drive in their 1900's..

Whats the chance of an ebtry level job over there with this sought of time...could you recomend any one to try??

any advice much appreciated...

Bengwa Pilot..

rocketman
23rd Sep 1999, 13:35
Both Falcon and DHL require you to have a type rating, but time on type is not critical
$$ start at about $2500 - $3000 US tax free a month as an F/O and they work you for it but hay thats what we all want is hours in the book and to win the race.

Bengwa Pilot
25th Sep 1999, 02:29
Rocketman..any chance of getting you e-mail address ???..
If it's no problem send it quickly to ..

[email protected]

Could be coming over there soon and need some advice....

Cheers Bengwa...

rocketman
25th Sep 1999, 13:06
Bengwa pilot, where in the middle east are you looking at going in a few months and do you have a metro or 1900 type rating as you probably wont get a job up here without a rating on the type the airline flys.
There is an otter operator in abu dhabi you could try them, if you want i can get there
#.

Advise

mutt
25th Sep 1999, 15:54
Rocketman,

Greetings from the dry side of the desert...
Are you saying that the chances of a 1900 or metro seat are good if one shows up with a FAA type.......

Have a cool one for me..

rocketman
25th Sep 1999, 19:06
Well neither operator will employ you if you dont have a type but just because you have a type doesn't mean you'll get a job.

Tuff one

Bengwa Pilot
26th Sep 1999, 03:33
Yeah rocketman contact info on those guys would be great......But I seriously want to do a rating and flying somthing where the wheels come up for a change.....and I'm in contact with on of the operators...so I'll just have to wait and see....
any chance of dropping me an e-mail and tell me what life is like in that neck of the woods....
Much appreciated..
Bengwa
[email protected]

BTDT
28th Sep 1999, 16:51
[This message has been edited by BTDT (edited 04 October 1999).]

Christopher Smith
29th Sep 1999, 19:40
Hi there:

I have heard of a pilot who was just 'fresh' out of training and obviously he did not have any commercial experience. He was actually offered a job and a type rating on the Metro with DHL in Bahrain. Not Bad!!!!

This might of been a rare exception but it does happen. Maybe it might be worth letting them know that you are interested.

All the best!!!!

(I have addresses and fleet details here if required)

rocketman
30th Sep 1999, 13:45
Was he an Arab ???

red devil
30th Sep 1999, 18:13
Chris

Any chance of sharing that address with us? May the best men win (no women flying over there I guess)

----------------
Check Roger Copy Okidoki

Bloke
1st Oct 1999, 05:25
G'day, I was wondering if someone could post the DHL address in Bahrain. I have searched all over for it and can't find it. It would be a great help.

Cheers