PDA

View Full Version : Gf Mass Resignation

Ali Baba
16th Apr 2008, 13:00
Any more resigned? been quit for a while ,whats going on.come on guys,:D

Heleheleyani
16th Apr 2008, 13:52
I asked to myself why would I resign, when I look at the other places I can possibly go I see no reason at the moment to leave gulfair because if to go back to europe I end up paying half of my salary as tax, or if I go emirates I will end up flying ultralonghaul and feel constantly jetlagged, plus the constant heavy traffic in Dubai, plus even to be able to use skype on your computer I need to try one thousand different tricks, plus pay thousands more for rent or buy a property and end up paying more than London, Etihad looked like a good option last year but reading the comments on Pprune is not encouraging at all, Qatar can never be an option and at the moment I am happy in this little poorer island and I am happy with my poorer but friendly airline, thanks

Phantom Driver
16th Apr 2008, 16:20
Well said!!

Propellor
16th Apr 2008, 18:50
Well said, Hele.....
Yes, there have been a host of resignations in GF lately - 33 this year alone, according to a mate in the pink palace.
If it is true, then its awful for a company of this size - a rate of approximately 10 a month. The ones staying back are doing so because of the futility of other places around, and not for the love of GF!
Have a look at why the guys are leaving - it is not the money, but things like screwed up HR policies that do not allow employment or contracts beyond 60, except for the one-year-at-a-time insult.
The line maintenance and the flight schedules add to the woes - every now and then one is 'extending' the duty time, when the departure should not have been permitted, to start with.
Say a word, and get a 'friendly' phone call from the first floor! The guys there have no idea what's happening - in any case they are not flying the line (for example, none of the top brass, including the Fleet Manager A340 actually flies the A340!)
Watch the fun when the China operation begins – GF will run short of crews, but may end up having better maintenance with aeroplanes having more time on the ground due to manpower shortages.
Wake up, Be-on-Snuff.

Panama Jack
16th Apr 2008, 20:37
Both Heleheleyani and Propellor's post say as much about the general malaise in the aviation industry in our times as how relatively good things are at Gulf Air (although, yes, things could be a lot better; and in some cases what seems to be lacking is will rather than money to do it). Wherever you go, whether it be at GF, American Airlines, Lufthansa, etc., people say the same thing "things just aren't like they used to be."

Overall, also happy with my work environment and career prospects at Gulf Air. Unfortunately, nobody knows how long "good times" last, as pilots at many airlines over the last decade have discovered.

Yes, many airlines hiring both inside and outside of the region. Not necessarily more attractive though, despite newer equipment, "5-star" ratings, and a vaster and seemingly more exotic route structure.