PDA

View Full Version : EOS Bankrupt?

LME (GOD)
16th Apr 2008, 10:32
just heard from some lads who work there. Eos are packing up shop. Anyone else got any more info on this?:ugh:

Southernboy
16th Apr 2008, 11:47
Who's EOS?

Charley B
16th Apr 2008, 12:09
Think that they are the airline from Stansted to JFK that offer all First class seats?

kenhughes
16th Apr 2008, 12:10
EOS Airlines - http://www.eosairlines.com/ - they fly (flew?) 757s with just 48 seats in them.

atmosphere
16th Apr 2008, 12:10
there website is still operational, and taking bookings, if it where true, I am sure they would have a statement on there by now, and closed the booking form.

I am sure they are feeling the pinch of the fuel crises, but I think they are still flying around!!

:D

Skipness One Echo
16th Apr 2008, 12:12
Back it up or remove the thread please. Unsubstantiated crap can have a dangerous effect so please put up or shut up.

G-AWZK
16th Apr 2008, 12:19
Bollocks.

Suggest this thread gets locked...

3Greens
16th Apr 2008, 12:23
steady on lads, this is a "rumour" site after all. I believe that "eard from a few lads" constitutes a "rumour" non?

GobonaStick
16th Apr 2008, 12:31
just heard from some lads who work there

Which would be a fairly good source. Any of the nay-sayers want to declare their interest, and tell us exactly why this isn't true?

BillS
16th Apr 2008, 12:38
EOS customer services, still taking bookings, flatly deny this rumour.

G-AWZK
16th Apr 2008, 12:43
Which would be a fairly good source. Any of the nay-sayers want to declare their interest, and tell us exactly why this isn't true?

I just spoke to one of the senior managers and arranged a meeting for the beginning of June.

I'll say it again this is a non-rumour.

lomapaseo
16th Apr 2008, 13:04
Well at least there is one good side of posting this rumor.

I just added their web site address to my favorites for travel to the UK avoiding the dreaded Heath

bar fly
16th Apr 2008, 13:19
just heard from some lads who work there. Eos are packing up shop

Well, can you elaborate or not? It seems others are sceptical, are your guys senior?:confused:

G-AWZK
16th Apr 2008, 13:28
Just off the phone to EOS.

This story is rubbish. Unless at least two people at Eos are lying to me then this rumour is a crock of poo.

Capot
16th Apr 2008, 13:45
This thread highlights, not for the first time, the way that a company can damage a competitor by concocting a false rumour, anonymously, and posting it on pprune to start the poison spreading.

As can a disgruntled individual.

It's a poor excuse to say "It's a rumour website" as though that excuses it.

I suspect that it's even a criminal offence that pprune may be a party to unless it takes action. I hope it is and that pprune reacts accordingly.

I don't know if the untrue storythat started this thread was concocted or not. It could well have been, quite probably was, and that's the problem.

Indeed, the first post was presented as fact.

Just wondering
16th Apr 2008, 13:48
If something like this damaged my co (and wasn't true) I'd sue !

sat1
16th Apr 2008, 13:55
Get a grip people!! This company invariably flies FULL,this is fantasy rumour time...but then this IS a RUMOUR network.If you dont wanna listen to/read rumours then dont log on.Easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wino
16th Apr 2008, 13:55
you guys really need to read the bottom of EVERY page in ppurne

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions.

You guys can go back to your hollier than thou attitudes now.

Cheers
Wino

Sobelena
16th Apr 2008, 14:25
This company invariably flies FULL

That doesn't really mean a thing. You can fill every seat in an aircraft/train/bus and still operate at a loss.

GobonaStick
16th Apr 2008, 14:29
Labelling it as a rumour network doesn't give you a get-out-of-jail-free card with regards libel laws.

notlikethat
16th Apr 2008, 14:45
I have found EOS an excellent airline with the advantage of not having to put up with aircraft loaders and their snotty kids on the srounge trying to look smart in their jackets and ties in Club as you do on one of apparently the worlds favorite airlines.

I found EOS a first class Airline for First Class People. Lets hope these are only rumours.

TotalBeginner
16th Apr 2008, 14:48
I found EOS a first class Airline for First Class People.

:yuk::yuk::yuk:

16th Apr 2008, 14:57
I have found EOS an excellent airline with the advantage of not having to put up with aircraft loaders and their snotty kids on the srounge trying to look smart in their jackets and ties in Club as you do on one of apparently the worlds favorite airlines.

I found EOS a first class Airline for First Class People. Lets hope these are only rumours.

Arrogant tw@

saman
16th Apr 2008, 18:19

Thank you for adding a well thought out and relevant comment to this thread. I'm sure you have made a good contribution.

daz211
16th Apr 2008, 18:59
Why is this thread still open ?
Is someone from Silverjet behind this :suspect:.

BestonBoard
16th Apr 2008, 19:44
I personally don't think anyone from Silverjet would be 'behind' this... After all we at the moment are defending ourselves from such slanderous attacks...

EOS, although advertised as a business class service, are a first class service at first class prices... If you do a little research, you will see EOS cost 'slightly' more to fly than Silverjet.

I appreciate they are going to compete on our routes, however Silverjet has a few distinct differences, take for example EOS's check in procedure... You have to be airside before you get to their lounge in Stansted, once you have made your way through check in and security with the likes of Ryanair, XL and other major low cost carriers...

If there is any truth to such rumours, I wish all at EOS the best of luck and offer my moral support. Maxjet staff were notified by email on Chrsitmas Eve that they no longer had a job... I would hate for any of my colleagues, no matter which airline they work for to have to experience such terrible circumstances...

Long may EOS fly... They are the foremost US single class carrier, and Silverjet is the FIRST & ONLY British all business class airline...

Good luck Guys!