PDA

View Full Version : Oman Air quickies.

tflier
16th Apr 2008, 10:27
Hopefully someone might have the headsup on this. Am off to Muscat shortly on a years contract with Oman Air, and was wondering if anyone had an idea as to the roster pattern, which hotel we stay in, what our colleagues are like, and generally the sp on life in Muscat.
Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

bilibili
16th Apr 2008, 14:37
Roster pattern, whats that? It's like the sand you'll be living in, changes daily. Housing is a problem, you might be put up at the Holiday Inn if you are lucky or the Golden Tulip, Oman itself is nice, Oman Air????

cressidom
16th Apr 2008, 17:24
Tflier & the rest...

Any Idea on thier OPS dept.? IS that bad as well,(pardon my ignorance)...don't mean to belittle the Omani's..but what's happening at Oman Air Really ?

Tks/Cheers
Dom

cressidom
16th Apr 2008, 17:24
Tflier & the rest...

Any Idea on thier OPS dept.? IS that bad as well,(pardon my ignorance)...don't mean to belittle the Omani's..but what's happening at Oman Air Really ?

Tks/Cheers
Dom

touch_and_go
21st Apr 2008, 18:01
does Oman Air provide housing? If yes, how good? If not, is it easy to find nice villas in nice areas in Muscat?

skygod
23rd Apr 2008, 10:02
Hi guys,
My advise, DONT USE GULF PROPERTIES. Negotiate with the locals, u tend to get a better deal.
GULF PROPERTIES give u prices of Properties in the UK right here in OMAN. There actually causing an artificial price hike of properties in oman..BE WARNED GUYS!!!!!

Regards,
SKYGOD:=

pilot_737_NG
23rd Apr 2008, 13:52
If anyone has information as to how to apply to Oman Air kindly post or PM me. I wanna get some additional information regarding the employment process for F/Os who are current/qualified on the NG. Specific Areas of questions.

1. Interview process and time line to get on line if current/qualified.

2. Family Housing terms and conditions.

3. Roster/leave terms. How many hours do you fly a month?

4. Schooling allowance and schools available.

5. General working conditions.

The website does not show any vacancies for pilots.

Thanks

Farrell
23rd Apr 2008, 14:14
Tflier...... that's a scary post mate.

I cannot believe that you would sign up and head over here without getting all of the info first!

Hardly an informed decision maker are you?

No matter.

You will have a great time here. The hotel chain of choice is the Marriott.

Your colleagues will be pleasant and fun to be around but remember that this is the Middle East and you will have to do a lot of ego massaging - even if you are coming in DEC - which I assume you are not or you would have had asked all necessary questions before getting here.
:}