PDA

View Full Version : Namibia charter pilot schedule

Avpsych
16th Apr 2008, 08:14
Hi All,
I was hoping someone could give me some info on what the schedules look like for charter pilots at Eros. How many days on average would one stay away from base (Windhoek)? Is it mostly returning to base after a days flying? Any info regarding schedules would be most appreciated.

Cheers;)

Voel
16th Apr 2008, 18:48
It depends for what company you working for. Sefofane do lot of flying and their pilots are mainly night stopping outside. Desert Air, Westair and others normally return back to Windhoek.

Propellerpilot
16th Apr 2008, 19:34
Don't agree entirly with voel on this one: Sefo pilots often return to Windhoek, as they do kind of a schedule to the Wilderness Lodges, you will probably be back after 2 nights max, if your not doing a round safari.

Desert Air, depends on the type of charter - if it is business, mostly back by afternoon, if it is safari, you could be travelling 14 days nightstop.

I think West Air mostly back at home, exept when on safari. Scenic Air, similar to Desert Air.

All the others in Swakop which do mostly scenics to Sossus, will always be seen in the Pub after sunset ;-) (just joking...):}

Malagant
16th Apr 2008, 22:36
Wings Over Africa does lot of charter work aswell and sometimes they stay over but in Windhoek most nights..they also have turbine twins and a Citation so if you stick around you might get on that or maybe on the G2 based in SA..

Icarus208
17th Apr 2008, 06:59
All the guys are right. Sefo does fly often and night stop also often. Out of 30 days you will night stop probably round 18nights of that. If you are doing a Safari, the longest you will be away is 6nights straight but then you have 2days after that off. All the other operators are like the other guys said...

HERE COMES THE TIP OF THE YEAR.....OR MAYBE YOUR CAREER......

DONT go and work for Wings over Africa...they are Sharks..they will make any pilots life miserable ...even when you work for them and they make your life worse after you leave...Ive had many friends who worked for them and especially one in particular flying career is absolutely ruined due to them..and the worst part of all is....he just resigned and they tried to stiff him wherever he went....just because he didnt work his 30days notice...

Watch out...but good luck

Avpsych
17th Apr 2008, 07:51
Thanks a lot for the info and advice. I have a wife and two smallies, so don't want to be away too much.
Much appreciated:ok: