PDA

View Full Version : Merged:The Great Ansett Eagle has Sh@t again!

priapism
16th Apr 2008, 07:37
Check your bank balances folks. 20 cents for each dollar owing has been paid after Diners Club dropped their appeal against the administrators.

Ndicho Moja
16th Apr 2008, 08:07
Wooo Hooo!

Buster Hyman
16th Apr 2008, 08:17
Oh yeah...a bit more of this & I'll be able to buy the other 3 tyres!:ok:

permFO
16th Apr 2008, 12:13
And its not even Christmas!

mohikan
16th Apr 2008, 12:40
Maybe you blokes will stop whinging now and blaming everyone else for your problems

Ultergra
16th Apr 2008, 15:38
Thats a bit 'arsh.

Australia2
16th Apr 2008, 18:08
Ah Mohikan, you again,

Couldn't/Cant get a job in Oz ?

Keep trying

priapism
16th Apr 2008, 23:25
Mohikan -no whinges from me - I have moved on to a much better career and never been happier. The Ansett collapse was initially hard for us all but has turned out to be the catalyst I needed to step out of my comfort zone and explore my potential in a more challenging occupation. I had written off the monies owed from the start - this is an unexpected bonus for all of us.

I can't understand why you even bothered to post such a vitriolic statement.

I guess though you never have had a whinge about anything - except for whinging ex Ansett crew!

Buster Hyman
17th Apr 2008, 01:43
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s34/smilies-35696.png

hoss58
17th Apr 2008, 02:04
Mohikan

Ever been through an airline collapse.

Ever wondered how you were going pay the mortgage, feed the family, pay all the other bills.

I know that AN isn't the first airline to go tits up and it won't be the last.

Iv'e moved on as have many others.

But there were a number of good people who took their own lives under great duress. Are they whingers.

Best advise i can give you is to p..s off you idiot.

(Sorry mods i vowed i would never get personal on here but this one got under my skin a bit. If you need to sinbin me thats ok)

Sorry folks I'll calm down now.

Fly safe and play hard.

Regards to all.

Hoss 58

Xin
17th Apr 2008, 04:50
I think the labour party should pay us everything we are owed from the ticket tax that was collected.

tinpis
17th Apr 2008, 05:07
I think the labour party should pay us everything we are owed from the ticket tax that was collected.

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/idea.gif Brilliant !
Perhaps someone from the Australian Learning Communities Network, Holistic Harmony Ltd, the Newcastle Bike Ecology Centre, Lentil as Anything, and the Earth Repair Foundation,could bring this up at Lu Kewens 20 20 laff-in.

air doris
18th Apr 2008, 06:54
I was pleasantly suprised when checking my bank satement today to see that Ansett have paid another substantial installment of owed redundancy payments to ex Flight Attendants this week. Good news to all, I wasn't expecting this. Where did the money come from? I haven't heard anything. This is absolutely fantastic and a step closer to actually getting our 100%. I personally consider ourselves very lucky, although it's in dribs and drabs we haven't been forgotten.

Eastwest Loco
18th Apr 2008, 10:56
Doris - I am really pleased for you and all the other AN lost souls who have another slice of entitlements.

The question still remains over the massive amount of taxes sucked in by the Governement as the "Ansett Bailout" tax.

It was around $10.00 per ticket or more. I can't remember.

Nobody has ever to my satisfaction accounted for the destination or distribution of this huge amount of money. It was listed on a ticket issue as AB tax. With the huge amount this tax would have raised over the years that it ran, every single employee should have been paid out 100% years ago.

Has anyone taken the Government to task over this?

Best all

EWL

Buster Hyman
18th Apr 2008, 11:21
Loco Bloko...indeed they have. But the new broom that swept through CBR last year somehow missed this little earner & it remains firmly in place. Not sure of the figures but I believe that approx$250+ mill was collected to cover the $300+ mill that was loaned to the Administrators.

The Howard Govt. said any excess would go to "aviation security" (yet, why the ASIC is going up is beyond me) and the Me too party just can't break the mould.

From my perspective, the ASU are still pursuing this through the ACTU, but I gave up holding my breath when Beasley tried to climb a tug!:rolleyes:

However! Personally, I don't think AN staff, self included, actually deserve the proceeds from the tax itself. It was only to cover any shortfall in what the Administrators could raise from the garage sale. I'll be happy with the projected 94c in the $ they are advising & let the Govt. explain to the tax paying punters where that tax went...in other words, don't blame me!;)

StrutlessDrKiller
18th Apr 2008, 11:32
I have moved on ....... and never been happier

So you got your priapism treated, huh?

Treatment of Priapism: The first line of treatment is to inject an alpha agonist directly into the penis. If this is unsuccessful in ending the erection, old stagnant blood is syringed out with an 18 gauge needle and normal saline with or without an alpha agonist is flushed in. More invasive procedures may be necessary if the penis does not decompress with simple irrigation.

Ouch!

Dr :8